Asset Management

Having issues with saving Assets to Asset Manager 2.2.2 for 2.79.
I select the object/s I want to save/click the + select render and wait. Two time’s out of five the thumbnail is tiny. Also If I try to overwrite an asset it imports an bunch of objects.

any ideas?

I’ve improved my thumbnail some, this is what I did:

Rotated object on X to face Front.
Scaled up the object to Blender Units 5.0
Applied Scale all
Select “Addon Material” in the AM UI.
In AM UI under the wrench I “Cleaned Unsued Datas”

The Object is still a little small for my tastes. May move the AM camera in a bit.

ON the Issue with other junk being imported: I had to go in to all the data blocks, groups to clean out stuff from an addon called “Blender Light Studio” wonderful addon however it’s got a lot of stuff that comes along for the ride. I’ve uninstalled “Blender Light Studio” and reset my default start up file. Now when I us AM to import an Asset only the asset is imported.

When I selected my file path it says invalid file selected. Here is a screenshot.

I am trying to get the addon working in 2.8. Could someone post their file layout for materials. When I try to append a material it tells me it cannot find the file. As well if you could post your path in preferences.Thanks

I answered you on the discord.
This path is simply made to add your old libraries.
To do this, you must select the “custom_filepaths” file, as indicated by the text line just above…

1 Like
6 Likes

Very thanks for 2.8,

but I think, GroupPro objetcts are not working,
almost all my assets are Gropupro objects
and i cannot add it to library now.
Thanks

Don’t forget this is an alpha, the groupro part has not been updated for 2.8 yet :wink:
We will check that.

Thanks, will be waiting

Any news or updates now that 2.80 is out?
Thanks for any info.

Is this still in the alpha stage?

Ok…no information from the developers.
Does anyone else know what the status is with asset management?
From what I understand from about a month ago, it was in a alpha stage.

I tried to create an account at discord to find information, but every time I try to do so, I get a “oops something went terribly wrong” error. So no ability to find out what is going on with development.

So, I thought I would ask people who paid for this, know what is going on with asset management?
Thanks for any insight.

Like I said on the discord, follow the rules and you’lle have your answer.

And like I said above…

So as your loyal CUSTOMER who paid for asset management, could you enlighten me in what “the rules” are please?
Thank You

It’s written on the discord :wink:

How the hell can I access that if I have no account???
What was it that you said…

Well this supposed support is pretty bad!

Support is on the discord, the link is on gumroad, market and in the addons.

People come on the discord, ask for help, for features and everything is nice and OK.

Ok…I see that you are incapable in understanding the obvious fact that I CANT access discord. WOW.
I also see that you are incapable in giving support here at Blender Artist of for that matter anywhere else OTHER than discord. Ridiculous.
I also see that when someone gives you there hard earned money, you see fit to make RULES after the fact to suit your needs. Screw the CUSTOMER.

I HAD planned on purchasing your other products, but now have changed my mind considering the the way you ignored my simple question!
Theres plenty of places on the net to get them for free.

I would NEVER treat my customers this way…NEVER! Never have…never will.
Considering the amount of time you spent responding to me today…you could of just simply answering without the runaround.

I just tried again to create a account at discord and got this

This is a shitty way of doing business!
I have better ways if spending my hard earned money than for you guys products.
I’m done.

what are we doing here if you can’t register on discord?
Personally, this last month, I didn’t even have time to type code so go to the forum either sorry.