Assigning Animations to character in gameplay

Hi. I’ve made a character for my game and given her an idle animation
and a walking animation. I’d like to see what it looks like during gameplay, but where do you tell the game engine to execute the character’s different animations at different times? I can’t seem to find it in the blender game kit and I’ve explorered the game logic. Could someone please explain it to me? I often only get lost if someone just tells me where to find it. :wink: Thanks. :slight_smile: .

Hello

well, select your armature and add, let’s say, a keyboard sensor ( up arrow?) linked to AND and the desired Action ( move? jump?) Actuator

You can use whatever Sensor to trigger your actions
Bye

I made a long time ago a lend file on idle animations with characters. http://home.tiscali.nl/jdvhulst/files/blender_ge/ choose the teddy charanim file.

I made it doing an idle animation when he’s doing nothing, then press mmmh w or forward arrow to make it do a walk cycle.
It’s a pretty nice one. When you stop walking it switch back to the idle animation where it has to be.

I hope it will help you, it has to do with piority, but it’s not quite logical, I thought. Anyways I had a lot of fun doing it, and that’s what you see with the idle animation. A bankrobber in a teddysuite scratching his a**. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help, guys. It works :slight_smile: