Astro1derboy's - Sketchbook

My Dragonfly Mrk7 was Staff-Picked over on Sketchfab a couple days ago. Yay!! :cool::yes: Thanks for viewing/following my work.

Hi everyone. I re-textured my recent RI Rift Runner BLV. It’s posted on Sketchfab now. I plan to be posting Cycles renders soon. I hope you enjoy! Thanks for checking it out.

Hi again. As promised, here are the Cycles renders of the newly textured RI Rift Runner BLV.

I hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing!

Wow! The re-texture looks awesome!
And so do the Bolt and Dragonfly! :cool:

@Raven IIC - Thanks for your kind words! I appreciate it. :yes:

My latest model, RI Sparrow Mrk5, is online at Sketchfab. As usual, I plan to post Cycles renders in here in the near future. Thanks for viewing and hope you enjoy!

Hello. Here are some RI Sparrow Mrk5 iRay renders from within Substance Painter. (Still struggling to dial in an equivalent output within Cycles. I get close with the node from BlenderBrit but it’s still not quite the same. It’s probably something I’m doing incorrectly. This model gave me fits and I hope to post some Cycles renders in here in the near-future.)

Anyway . . . I hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing!

Hi. Here’s my latest model on Sketchfab; RI Runabout Mrk2. Wasn’t too detailed. Used it to gain more experience with Substance Painter. Hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing!

Good morning. Here’s my latest B3D model; RI Tomcat. These are PBR viewport screen-captures (no renders) from within Substance Painter. I wanted to go ahead and post quick-n-dirty simple material views but I am currently working on a fully-textured version of this model. Hoping to have it finished sometime this week (fingers crossed). Thank you for viewing and I hope you enjoy!

Here’s the base-material version of the RI Tomcat on Sketchfab. I hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing!

Here are some fun offbeat renders I made of some of my recent ships using the techniques outlined by Kent Trammell’s recent CGCookie tut. A lot of fun and I’m really impressed by the cool looks you can get right in the viewport. This has been addicting and I wanna go back and re-render all my ships in this style. Ha!! I hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing!

Here are the other three I did initially . . .

Hi. Here are some renders of the fully-textured RI Tomcat. I turned one of the cartoon-renders of the RI Tomcat into an alpha that I stamped onto the side of this one. So it has a cool stencil of itself . . . on itself. :smiley: I hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing!

Awww, self reference, it’s so cute :).
Except it is a terrifying, 20 tons black metal warship.

That that must be one the most intimidatory-looking ships here.

The previous 100% grey version looks more “mimetic” and military, but these subdued reddish accents seem to say “i want you to see me, just a little before we’re done carrying out our business”. I don’t know which one i prefer :stuck_out_tongue:

@Gspin - HAHAHA!! Yep! :smiley: Thanks for the kind words.

Here’s an older (lower-res) version of the RI Venom I posted on Sketchfab. Hope you enjoy!

Here’s a new iteration of a previously released model; RI Stormcrow Mrk9. Haven’t had much time to work on my new projects yet but these have been fun to process through Substance Painter en route to Sketchfab. Thanks for viewing!

Hi. Here are a couple of new renders of a previously released model; RI Torque Mrk7. This version is a lower-res iteration than the one previously posted here. I used it to re-texture in Substance Painter. Really pleased with this result. I’m planning to post on Sketchfab in the near future. For now, I hope you enjoy the ‘new’ views. (And yes, this was heavily influenced by the Star Wars T-47 Snowspeeder. Love that ship!) Thanks for viewing! :RocknRoll:

More miscellany for your amusement er, I mean . . . enjoyment. :eyebrowlift: Here’s a new model, RI Dash Mrk4, I made with 2.78 to test some new things in Substance Painter. Nothing fancy since it primarily served to test some processes. (Start to finish this took just over an hour.) I do have a more serious project in the works but modeling it is going to take a bit. Stay tuned. In the meantime, hope you enjoy!

I realize that in my haste to run the RI Dash Mrk4 through the pipeline quickly, I missed some things . . . but since this wasn’t a ‘serious’ project, I’m not going to fix the issue(s). That being said, here are a few renders of it for your enjoyment. Thanks for viewing!