Astro1derboy's - Sketchbook

Hello. Here’s my latest model; RI Dagger. I wanted to do an original and keep it within the Star Wars universe. (I could see this swooping down in for a strafing run along with an A-Wing or Y-Wing.) I hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing!

And as a bonus - here are some still renders of the RI Dagger. Hope you enjoy! :cool:

Hello. Here’s a much better UV-unwrapped version of the RI Dagger. I consider this a ‘Hoth’ paint-scheme (in keeping with the Star Wars motif). I had fun with this one, as I started the unwrapping/texturing from scratch, and am much happier with my UV assignments. Still not perfect but a lot better IMO. Anyway. I hope you enjoy and thanks for checking it out. Hope you like it and stick around for the journey! Thanks! :RocknRoll:

Here are additional IRay rendered views of the RI Dagger (rev2). I prefer this texture setup more than the first one. See my previous post for more details. And realized when compositing this final plate that the two right renders are mostly the same view. Ha! Oh well. Hope you enjoy. Thank you for viewing.

Hello. Here are some views of my latest model; RI Skyhawk. I’m planning to post this on Sketchfab within the next day or so. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy. Thank you for viewing!

Hi. Here’s the RI Skyhawk on Sketchfab. Hope you enjoy! :yes:

Hello. Hope all’s well with everyone. Here is the Sketchfab post of the RI Tomcat (color). I discovered today that my texture-naming-scheme was creating issues that prohibited my models from showing correctly. Hadn’t spent a lot of time figuring it out there until this morning with the RI Skyhawk. So, that being said, I corrected the color version of the RI Tomcat and here it is. I hope you ‘Like’ and thanks for checking it out as always. :yes:

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. Here’s my latest model; RI Alpha 924. Been working on it awhile. Finally had time to finish it. Wanted to do a different type design. Feel it captures the essence of the old barnstorming days in a new motif. Thank you for viewing and I hope you enjoy!

Hello again. Decided to do an iteration of the RI Alpha 924 with displacement-texture panels. It’d been awhile since using that technique. Honestly I just love that method because it’s way faster for me to slap out some cool panels using a custom texture I made several years ago. Anyway. I really prefer the look of this version even though it’s a lower-res version (decimated for Substance Painter use). I added the ‘LTD’ designation since the model hasn’t changed, just the paneling technique. I hope you enjoy. Thanks again for checking it out. Introducing the RI Alpha 924 LTD . . .

Hi everyone! Hope all is well.

Here’s my latest entry; RI Alpha 131. Designed as a means to further test processes/workflow within Substance Painter (for Sketchfab). This one, even though a lower-res version than my B3D model, was still too large to post on Sketchfab with a free account so here are some views for your enjoyment here. I loosely based the paint scheme from the US Navy flight trainer one. Thanks for checking it out! :RocknRoll:

Love all of these! The style is rather unique, and I especially love the Alpha 924 LTD - it looks really cool and sleek! :cool:

@Raven IIC - Thanks! Glad you like them. Was happy with the A924. Turned out almost identical to my quick concept sketches.

And everyone, here is another new ship; RI Alpha 429. Hope you enjoy! Thank you for viewing! :yes:

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Here is a multi-view image of the RI Alpha r505. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for viewing! :yes:

Hello everyone. Hope all is well with each of you. Here are some renders of the THD Cobra. Realized tonight that I had never done a fully-textured version of this until now. (Had just been a basic pewter-style material.) Really love this bird. Very pleased with how it turned out. Hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing . . . and for sticking along for the journey. :RocknRoll: