astronaut-wip

HI!
I 'm back on my old short film project. This is a startover for my astronaut character. Here the spacesuit work in progress:

Wow, this is really nice, I’ve got a new appreciation for how difficult clothes are to model. The suit really looks good.

This suit is really good so far. I’m looking forward to seeing the life support system.

adding pocket over the base sculpt…

Very realistic and detailed work, loran. The suit looks very believable.
Do you have an idea of what the material of the suit will be like? It reminds me of the ones from Solaris a bit.

I’m looking forward to seeing your short film one day!

Wow ! this is a very good start, did you saw Gravity ?

cool space suite, love how you sculpted the cloth. this project is shaping up nicely :cool:

thank you guys :slight_smile:
It 's base on the appolo space suit. This will not be an exact copy. I am creating a fiction, not a documentary :wink:
this my first cloth sculpting, very good learning work for me. Everything else will be hard surface modeling.

few enhancements:

Continues to get better and better. Just curious, what method are you using to attach the pockets to the base scultpt?

The good point to Blender Sculpt is that you can modelize things as you need then sculpt details on it. I First do a base mesh for the global suit, then sculpt it, then modelize pockets and stitched fabric layers with retopologie method to follow the sculpt relief, then sculpt details on it then join everything together. This is a very good point to ot have to switch from a modeler software to a sculpt one. The work process is much more ‘instinctive’, creative…

Gloves done… lets work on the boots now!

This is a very good point to ot have to switch from a modeler software to a sculpt one. The work process is much more ‘instinctive’, creative…

It seems to be working great for you, you’ve really managed to sculpt in some great details… the wrinkles in the suit look great.

Wow what a great wip to follow. Love the quality of fabric stiffness and volume. How will you allocate materials to different elements like the valves or finger tips?

Very good work!