Asymmetric Skies | work in progress

Hi guys! I’m stucked a little bit.

I have a “player health” text and a “warning hud” indicator. I want to connect them in game logic, so i select both of them, but i don’t see them in the game logic window at the same time. There is no difference which one is the actice selection, i never see the “passive” selection.

Is it possible, there is a limit between connections, that have lot of logic bricks? Beacuse the “player health” text has a lof of sensors and controllers (about 60-70), and if i try to connect it to objects that have some logic bricks, its do the same: i cant see them both in the logic window.

I tried the state panel to. Nothing.

Or maybe thats a bug of version 2.77a ?

Thanks!

Attachments

you are going to need to use states and efficient design, and potentially python.

I hit the logic brick wall in wrectified, and started learning python.

now I can do the same as hundreds of bricks with 5 sensors and 1 controller

Thank you!

Liquid Air - update#5 (added some hud elements, sounds, some environment stuffs, etc.)

An early prototype footage from my game.
Game engine : Blender Game Engine
Genre : Flight/Action

Sorry for the eye-cancer quality, and for the low fps. My cpu don’t like OBS :(:(:frowning:

still awesome look. i would like to see a real cockpit. one tip about logic bricks: i also prefer using them over learning python. if you got a lot of them, use objects for different purposes. e.g. if you got a weapon, make a weaponobject and parent it at the plane and put the logic bricks for amount of ammo and rockets there. if you got a damageindicator, build a hitbox around the plane and put lbs for damage there. and check enemyhits with the hitbox too, this needs less cpu power. puting logic bricks on objects is like object oriented programming.

That’s something I question myself from time to time
It does make sense, a few objects with a few logic bricks being faster than one object with 50 of them, but, all the extra collision detection and all sort of interaction of these ‘few’ objects with the rest of the game… is this a problem to the performance?

_

Heg, Your project looks amazing man :eek:
And maybe you should take a time to learn python (and also C, C##, Java…) These languages are just like logic bricks when you break the ice with them.

but I didn’t like that road texture tho, not because its bad but because it doesn’t fit the style of the game, everything looks so futuristic and stylish and then… a simple cement road.

Good luck!

Thanks, man!

And YOU ARE RIGHT! That runway looks ugly, especially the one at the mountain :slight_smile: But like EVERYTHIG in the game, these runways are just a tempolary textures/models, to see how they works. I dont want to rush it, i dont want to make easy money with no work, i want to make a game with passion, i want to learn everything in game development! :slight_smile:

But you are right, and i really glad you, you like it !!! Thanks !

this is so awesome man wish you good luck

Made some screenshots :

Hey, guys!

Does anybody know, is there a way to make a huge terrain’s material with weight painting? I mean is there a way to make it with nodes, like where the mesh is “heavier” there would be a seamless 512x512 stone texture, where the mesh is lighter there would be grass, and in depend of the weight painting, there would be light differences, gradients between the textures.

???

Thank you!

The blend in this post:

Has mixing of two materials based on vertex color. This one also does, but mixes textures rather than materials:

You can also use things like the global vector (split into X,Y,Z) as input to mix between two textures as in this example:

(I also use a bake-in normal to do the cliffs in that blend)

Jeeez, that was fast!! Thank you, man !

some artworks :

indieDB : http://www.indiedb.com/games/asymmetric-skies
modDB : http://www.moddb.com/games/asymmetric-skies

steam : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=709535041

some work in progress soundtracks : https://soundcloud.com/heg-767368602/sets/asymmetric-skies-work-in-progress

Absolutely amazing work!
I really like the atmospheric effects - rain, clouds, lightning and the interface minimalistic design and the whole smoothness of the scenes. Man, you have skills!
I want to see some dogfight soon! :slight_smile:

Thanks, Haidme!

I want to make a new video from the actual version of the game, but i have to optimize it first.

And Congratulations for Tomato Jones II greenlight! Totally deserved it!
By the way, the demo don’t works for me :frowning: When i want to start new game, it’s just stop, and don’t response to anything. I tried to start it in windowed mode/fullscreen/min/max, but nothing (amd videocard) :frowning:

I don’t want to hijack your thread and talk about TJ2.(I know about the problem with AMD/ATI and it is already fixed. I’ll upload a new demo soon.)

I made a facebook site to my game, if you interested in.
I will upload my stuffs to there. I progress a little slowly, so don’t expect to much info for now. But i will do my best!

Thanks guys!

Heg

WOAHHH IM SO HAPPY TO SEE THIS PROJECT BACK IN PROGRESS I CANT WAIT TO PLAY BRO !!!

The Graphics look like the game was made on Frostbite that flare looks Guud man u nailed it im so surprised to see this back in Progress.

Fred/K.S