At a Snail's Pace

Well, I’m calling this finished:http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1301/4713088798_0cca788e51_b.jpg
We are slowly killing the Earth, leaving behind us a trail of waste and destruction.

Last night, I didn’t feel like working on stuff I’m supposed to be doing, so I decided to see what I could come up with for the theme “Sustainable Earth” (as an entry for a weekly competition)

I spent a few hours making this, using 2.5 and GIMP. (I would’ve liked to have worked on it more, especial on the slug, but I’ve got other things to do).

Enjoy!

Nice concept. But the camera angle is very stale mate. And I think, it would be better if you decreased the reflectivity of the ground plane. The secretion feels a little odd.

Thanks for the feedback agentmilo.
I just tried a couple of different camera angles/compositions, but can’t find anything that works much better. Any angles you would suggest might work nicely?

I would keep the camera at a perspective where the snail faces the camera from either left or right, with the board closer and the secretion farther away. Alternatively, you can flip it, and make the snail going away from the cam in the opposite direction. Also, some DOF would be nice, with some of the secretion blurred out. That could add to the concept like, ‘The World is a small place’ or something. You get the drift.

Here’s a slightly modified version:
Which one is better?