ATI Radeon problems !!

Hey everybody,

I have a huge problem here: my system was a bit slow (I had a Geforce 4 MX440 64mb) and yesterday (28th august) was a -PC Dump Day- in Amsterdam so I went there and bought a new 3D card.

The card is a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600XT Edition 256MB. The installation went perfectly and I did a test with a demo of Futuremark’s, I forgot the name… :expressionless: But anyways, that went perfactly so I started Blender 2.34 to see if the new 3D card made any difference.

But when I opened BLender and saw the window with the name and version number of Blender (wich disappears when you move your mouse) my PC freezed totally. My mouse disappeared and not even the NumLock butten or Ctr-Alt-Del worked. After resetting my PC and trying to open BLender again I had the same problem…

Does anybody thow what my problem is and what I can do about it, PLEASE REPLY!!!

Please help me out here :frowning:

Sander

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29851

do a search of these forums or at blender.org

there are more than 1 or 2 possibilities… using a different driver, softmoding to firegl or placing specific .dll in blender directory or maybe you’re buggered

I’m using ati radeon 9600se with freefiregl driver
(they do say it’s not possible so maybe I’m not typing this:) )
#firegl is desktop applications optimised /crap for games but sweet for blender/maya/max etx.