Atmospheric Scattering

This deserves some kind of award :yes: Awesome is a clear understatement.

HERE it is the python code to do the screen capturing from Mike Pan
You may need to uncomment the line that the previews line say to do it so :slight_smile:

Pure Awesomeness!!!

It´s so awesome that the second time I played it, my computer realized It was not worthy displaying such beautiful graphics, it shutdown.

Not really, no I think it was internet that made it shutdown beacuse it shutdown once again when tryin to connect to this thread.

But I like to think it was because it was too AWESOME.

Wow, like the “mountain” scenario before this is simply stunning - great job :cool:

Unfortunately this (like the 1. file) also doesn’t work on my computer :frowning: - all but the stars is completely black.

(I blame the ATI driver, but what do I know - could simply be me being stupid.)

What version of blender/BGE is it supposed to run?
Edit: My system:
ATI Radeon HD 3870 - fglrx driver
Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope
Blender 2.48a and 2.5 svn

EDIT2: Never mind, I finally just got 2.49 to compile again and the demo runs now - will test it thoroughly now :smiley:

Martin

Great Job! I have to take a look on your other work!!!

BTW: Where are those mountains located?

Wow, that is something! And it even runs on my older laptop with out a hitch :slight_smile:

I just made a blog post about the BGE on the FreeGamer Blog and this deserved a special update!

Where exactly is the mountain range? I can’t seem to find it.

Man! You’re a freak!
Congratulations, buddy. Awesome work!

under a dead ohio sky…

if you look closely in scene file there aren’t any mountains
but you can take mountain file and try to combine it with that file

yeah, sorry you won`t find these hills in the blend file. The file would be larger. It was put there just to make video look more interesting, but i am working on geometry tessellation so we can have the whole world that detailed.

omg… so for this is moguri’s geometry shader used to?

:eek:
omg that will be amazing.

Yup exactly, he updated GLEW to enable geometry shader extension in Blender, and guess what… It is working really well! I will show soon.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give you a 10,000!

Good work!
I’m impressed very much!)

…only one question, why so bug can be? :

Attachments

Are you using ATI?

GeForce 6600GT ASUS EN6600GT/HTD/256M (((

This may be because of alpha-channel?

but i am working on geometry tessellation so we can have the whole world that detailed.

Could it be? My Blender dream is coming true?

he updated GLEW to enable geometry shader extension in Blender, and guess what… It is working really well!

Does it mean we’ll also have Dynamic…cough… LOD…cough… Sorry, I didn’t type that, it slipped by accident…

WoW thats impresive!!

im am so hot for u right now… wooooo ur a god :smiley:

When I run the blend it looks quite nice, but I don’t get the streaks/light shafts like in the video.
Is it my graphics card? Or is something missing from the blend.

picture:

Attachments