Atomic Blender (PDB/XYZ) - for Blender 2.8 and higher

I haven’t been here for a while … sorry for being late:

ChemHGHenrik, thanks for your comments. Yes, you have to activate the panel in the Preferences. Then you have to go to the right side of the viewport (I think it’s called like this) and to 'activate this < small flash. There you see an entry Create where you then find the Atomic Blender panel. You find more details about the add-on here.
You are absolutely right, I should have described it in the preferences. I will do this by time … .

Pol_Febrer, thanks for your comments. Well, the loading and presentation of the atoms is rather quite complicated which is because of the Dupliverts technique in Blender that I’m using. This technique allows presenting several thousands of atoms without that the system hangs.
I’m not quite sure if I have correctly understood your objectives. To have some draw() like possibility, you could call the add-on as such in Python by using the main definition import_pdb. The condition is that you know the Blender settings (Ball type, sticks, etc.) and that the atom structure is described in a file. See line 1268 in the code. If you are still interested and if you have more questions then let me know …

kutaybsKBS, thx for your comments. You find the source code here.