attach ragdolls to character <how?>

i have a rag-doll , can i make my character use it as bone system ? :smiley:

no you cant have ragdoll bones. if you want ragdoll characters, every part needs to separate physics objects

is there an example of blend ? please …

Well I would have directed you to the continuousphysics website and the ragdoll demo but the site seems to have gone.
I am probably breaking copyright but I leave a copy here for a day or so… ( so full credit to whoever it was that made it…) http://www.weedyworld.co.uk/blender/physics-2.43-physics-testfiles-5.zip

DLDed , but i seen all of them , all the rag-dools are not applied to a character :frowning:
i want a one applied to a character :frowning:

too bad. You don’t get one

can you split your characters in parts, and later aply a “change mesh” to your ragdoll’parts? or maybe parent the parts.

The point is to have a character not in a single mesh, you have to have a character in any parts as your ragdoll.

I’ll try it… someday, lol.

Good luck.

please can you clearfy fisicomolon ?

this is an old demo showing animated ragdoll
i hope this will help:
http://files.filefront.com/ragdoll+riggedblend/;6440620;/fileinfo.html

this is just an ider, could u try making a simple ragdoll as a seperate object/s than parent the verious bons of your armature to that ragdoll
so it would be: char mesh–>armature–>ragdoll
im still learning BGE myself so prob wont work, but hay its worth a try :stuck_out_tongue:
good luck

I was thinking of trying this myself with a good rig(mancandy). I like to use the new builds when I can(svn). In the new builds there is a constraint called make child. Parenting I guess. It just might make it easier to copy the location and rotation from a object onto a bone. Let us know what you come up with. Good news is that there is allot of work being done on the animation system so all this looks like its about to get allot easier.

you can set it up using some calulation and the action property stuff but as far I know this is not working properly but you should give a shot 3d because even if your are asking the feature you need won’t create itself.

you can set it up using some calulation and the action property stuff but as far I know this is not working properly but you should give a shot 3d because even if your are asking the feature you need won’t create itself.

allright , i will make some experiments before i ask , i will try to solve it , but i think that it is not too easy .

is not but maybe I’ll bring something interesting in a couple of weeks… but its a secret …

is not but maybe I’ll bring something interesting in a couple of weeks… but its a secret …

ok we are waiting :cool: