Attending the blender confernace, massive step for me

Hello blender community, long time-no see. I have not stated this here before, I have Asperger’s syndrome. This has resulted in me being a recluse and being unreasonably scared of traveling alone, to a point where it was holding me back. So i decided to go cold turkey and go to Amsterdam to attend the Blender conference. As it is the fist time I have done anything like this, it is a massive step in the right direction for me.

If you are interested, you can find the full details here.

cool
hope you have a great time
give us a report when you get back
what are the dates?

Hey hessiess, last year was my first time at the blenderconference, and the vibe there was awesome, met some cool people but didn’t stay in touch with them.
Gonna try to meet more people this year, last year I was still rather shy, still am but less hopefully :p. A lot of people are there to network anyway so they don’t mind meeting new people.
Anyway, might (probably) see you there :slight_smile:

Thanks for the encouragement.

@drobbins conference is from the 29 to 31 October, no doubt there will be a live stream if you want to watch. I will be summorising my experiences of the trip on the blog linked in the op.

@Month Cool, was not able to attend last year, but I did watch the stream. Looked like a very interesting experience. I’m shy too, but am trying to become less so. Look forward to meeting you, thats me in my avatar :slight_smile:

I’m now in Amsterdam, yay. Trip was good and my nearvs went away as soon as I got on the plain.

Here is my summery of the trip: http://bit.ly/92zwW4

Thats great!
Keep pushing yourself to get out there and into new things.
And remember that there was probubly a lot more people there even more nervous than you.

I hope to go someday, and I bet I would be a little nervous as well :eyebrowlift2: