Audi ARX

Hello everyone!

I began working with Blender (and 3D modelling) before about 1 and a half year. After making a pause for one year I restarted modelling.

Now I decided modelling a car. I used blueprints from the 2005 Audi A8. During the process I modified it a bit, bringing parts from the R8 in.

The picture is rendered in yafaray in a studio setting. I put it in the work in progress folder because I still have to do fine details like the front lights and other parts. Anyway here is the actuall version of it.

I still don’t know how I get rid of the distortion of the side glasses, where the seats are distorted in a strange way! Any ideas?? The glass material settings I use:

Material type: glass
All colors white and standard settings
IOR: 1.55

I actually have real depth on the windows!

I also would like to put the car in a hdr environment but I don’t know how to do this in yafray or how to get real looking pictures if I use blender internal for hdr rendering! Anyone who can help me with that??

Critics and help wellcome!!

Ciao Tomo

Attachments

Try reducing the IOR for the window material.

Although your setting of 1.55 is right, but sometimes you have to go for what looks good rather than physical accuracy.

Thank you for your reply! I’ll try that! Right now I’m working on the front lights… Maybe the hardest work for me! :spin:

let me see a wireframe of just your windows please.

Let ME se a wire of everything please. :smiley:

Ok here are the wireframes!

I noticed that the side windows don’t have depth… my mistake :slight_smile: I’ll handle that and see if the problem is solved…

Attachments

Nice wires!

Thanks! :smiley:

Right now I’m rendering a new picture. Finished the lights and did some changes on the material. I’ll post it as soon as it is finished. About half an hour… :slight_smile:

the front lights…

Attachments

keep it up , nice .

niiiice work!

The chairs through the window look odd.

That’s what I mean. I don’t know how to fix the windows… I pullt IOR down to 1.1 and 1.0 but it doesn’t change it much. Anybody knows how to “simulate” glass without using the glass material in yafaray? With some transparency and nice reflections? Would be soooo nice!! :slight_smile:

edit: Ok fixed that! I used a shinydiffusemat, turn transparency to about middle 0.6 and mirror strength about 0.7! Looks nice so far in my test render! Now I can go on modelling the details! :smiley:

Here is the latest render with the fixed windows! Still have work to do. The back lights are not finished!

Attachments

I find it quite realistic! The lighting is also good. The handle of the door seems to need a bit of work though, and the black, grey and white stripes on the front glass seem a bit weird to me. Anyway, this is a really good work :).

Here’s another picture from the front light. Here you can see the lights and tiregums better! I’m quite satisfied with that :slight_smile:

Attachments

Good work. Can’t wait to see the final render

awww i wanna make a car but i dont even know where to start, atm all i have made is organic things, so any advice on how to start a model of a car i should be able to figure it out

Hey there! If you want to model a car I would suggest you this tutorial:

Take your time and watch it and be prepared to go crazy during this work - for me it was horrorrrrr sometimes! :smiley: :wink:

edit: here’s a site with blueprints en masse :slight_smile:
http://www.the-blueprints.com/

xD i might like horror lol, i been watching some youtube vids xD but yours seems so much better so i am definately gonna read through it xD i knew about the blueprints however i have a HD capture card and screen shotted some images of cars from Forza 3 from different angles