Audi R8

and just for fun another render! ghehe:RocknRoll:

Rick.

Attachments

nice materials and quick work

Thanks!:smiley: No critics?

Rick.

Looking good as it always was
I think the material should be diferent. Production cars dont have paint this shiny (gliterry is the word). I guess the specular color should be less greenish. Maybe i am wrong

but then i suppose you are concentrating on modelling currently.
One little advice -sholudn’t be green in the next post. Red is the best you can have on an R8 -the tomatoey type to be specific (thats a word now)
I have almost finished my first wip, a chevrolet camaro-
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=146853
Please comment.

yes i’m more busy with the modeling at the moment but you’re right that it’s to glittering/shiny. I’m planning to make the thing under the cap. Don’t know how you call that in english:P. Does anyone have goed references for it?:smiley:

Rick.

i didn’t get that at all
if you can’t get the reference images you can ask others through an image

aah, I just mean that I want to model the thing under the cap.:wink: not the motor but the whole you put your suitcase etcetera;).

Greetz. Rick.

Hey!

Here’s another update. I tweaked almost the whole car and fixed the rear. Also added some parts and added a texture to the car, ghehe.:smiley:

Attachments

Coming out well now.
Windscreen isn’t meeting the side pillar.
Where is the texture?
Need some more light to see.

Yes I know. the windscreen realy sucks;) It was just quickly modelled. The texture is on the cap! you can’t see it?:stuck_out_tongue:

Rick.

i can… its go faster stripes… ha ha. nice… model is coming along very well… keep at it…

Thanks;)

I hope I’ll finish it soon:D.

Greetz, Rick.

ok. sorry to steal your thread and everything… but i have a little question… when modelling your r8 on the front end… do you have a kind of step on the last 12 inches or so… look on the front of this render… excuse the bad quality… ive been fiddling around for hours now… and seem to be getting nowhere… how would you try and solve this…

Attachments

Sorry Unrealbeing, but I can’t say much with that picture. Need more pictures of the front and definitely need wireframes!:smiley:

Greetz, Rick.

Hey guys. Sorry for not updating quickly. But today It’s another day off so I will update in the evening.

Greetz!:smiley:

Hey Rick
Where are you gone?
Is this done???

Hey guys, I’m back after a loooooong vacation and I decided to go on with the r8. Well let’s take a look, I think it’s almost finished. Hope you’ll like it.

Attachments

So, is there anyone with a good car-paint material?

Rick:D

The red material you used before is pretty good. But maybe you should make sure that it doesn’t look like an empty shell before you start worrying about materials.

yeah, that’s true, but there’s a little work left that I need to do. So i’m already concerning about my materials hehe.