Audi R8

Finally i got some time to work on my outdoor scene … here is couple test renders
what do you guys think ? Any suggestion are appreciated.

awsome job Marnal! i love this car it is so so sick! you did a great job! bravo

Good but I don’t feel the weight of the car and it’s important if your render is realist!

:slight_smile:

I agree with chylla, you want your car renders to be realistic. A lot of car modellers use HDRI’s to light their scenes, so that it uses realistic lighting. The only problem would be that you’d want to use put in some light sources in blender that correspond to where the lights are in the image so that you get realistic shadows. If you’ve got a digital camera with adjustable exposure, you could set it up on a tripod and follow some online tutorials, or if you don’t, there are plenty of HDRI’s out there… if you want to take the time to find them… lots of them are commercially liscenced so you have to buy them reallly expensive, but there are quite a few free ones, just find one that lights your scene the way you want.

This looks great!! Could you pleaaaaaaaaaase upload a .blend file with the studio environment (Without the car)??

It would be nice to get the car’s .blend file. The outdoor scene looks good.

HI Thank you all !!
@Chylla - I am sorry but i am not sure if i understand exactly what do you mean …could you pls post some photo of the car where is it visible ? I am not native english …
@MechalordX I am still looking for a HDRI what i could use in my scene. I am still trying to found some free one but could not really found one what i would like to use for my ligting setup …for now i have just use jpg panorama photo. And unfortunately i do not have a good camera to do my own :frowning: .
@Tomo83 … Thanks man i will upload the studio setup for you as soon as i get to pc where i have the scene …should be here on sunday.
@dleri Thank you … i dont think i want to share the car…sory mate … i can upload the bridge from the oudoor scene if you want to.

Do you speak french ?

–> I can’t demonstrate it on that picture but when you do something realistic you need to feel that an certain object as the weight that correspond to it for example if I do an shoe in 2d drawing it won’t look realistic if the shoe don’t touch the ground… kinda :wink: Good luck finding what I’m trying to tell you.

double post sorry …

Attachments

studio.zip.blend (182 KB)

Tomo 83 here is a studio setup for you . [ATTACH]122172[/ATTACH]
just rename the file to zip a and than you can unpack the blend file … i could not upload the blend file because the allowed size is around 1 MB and my blend file is 1.6…i hope i did not beak any forum rules :slight_smile:
and i also used exr texture for reflection … ( old industrial hall )
from this page
http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html
!! Thank you hdrlabs !!

Chylla no man i am Czech i cant speak french at all :slight_smile: but thanks anyway i quess that racing challenger by Max Evil is showing what you mean

sorry for double post … is there some way to remove one ?

I have played with the lighting and some hdr maps … here is the result.

my to do list is:
add a driver
motion blur on wheels … so they look like they spinning.
change the materials of the bridge a bit …
Make the LEDS in the front lights more lighting.
and try to make it look like tha car have some weight …viz Chylla and MechalordX.
any other suggestion are appreciated.
Thanks for looking

It looks amazing, wish my car looked like that.

Thanks Wouter … i wish my real car would look like that :slight_smile:

Very nice work! Is the bridge a modeled object or a backdrop?

Later,
Joe

Crash_AF the bridge is modeled as well.

I think i am done with this …getting too long i want to start something new …
its still have a lot of room for improvement …

here is the final in the finished projects

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=205402&p=1761348#post1761348

!!!THANKS EVERYONE FOR COMMENTS!!!

Wow really awesome job! I’d be interested to see your topology, would you mind sharing a pic of the mesh?

ColeHarris Here is a screen shot from blender but its hard to see anything in it. Almost everything has subsurf on it so it pretty dense.

impressive modeling and rendering+lights! but i’m having difficulty appreciating the distracting brighter areas in the background, what is your light set up?

Zeffii Thanks !
there is a sun light …one omni in front of the car
AO and environment lighting are on + hdr map
I dont like that big white spot in the back as well but . I am done with this :slight_smile: