audio messed up with blender VSE

hello,

i made a video tutorial, shot it with recordMyDesktop on ubuntu and recorded the sound seperately using audacity… the plan was to merge the sound and the video clips…

after batteling with the sequencer for the whole day… i managed to almost get it done…

i had a problem where my audio would always take longer than the video, i think because the video was shot at 10 fps and audio was "real time’…

anyway, i imported the audio as Audio RAM (whatever that means) and the strip was almost close to the video so i got that fixed, but when export everything, i get no audio… i think because audio is on a lower channel than the video (when i imported it as RAM, i was able to move it to the video channels for some reason)…

here is a screenshot of my workspace…
http://dyf.nfshost.com/dump/forums_pictures/VSE_problem_no_audio.jpg

how do i get the audio to encode? i went to the audio tab and activated the “Multiplex audio” button and MP3 as the codec…
any help soon would be greatly appreciated… :slight_smile:

edit: oops… pretend you didn’t see some of the stuff there :slight_smile:

Welcome to the audio bug problem.

I have not been able to get Blender to output audio with an animation. I call it a bug, other people have had success, but on Window, my experience is a no-go.

That’s weird using FFMPEG as the codec and choosing mp3 and multiplex and h264 as video codec I have no problem producing video with sound. Take a look at the timelapse modelling on vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/1394560) these were all done with VSE but on windows.
Is this a ubuntu bug maybe? I mean does the mp3 setting guarantee that there is a mp3 encoder on your system or is your audio allready in mp3 format?

i actually managed to fix it when i moved the audio channels above the video…

i used Xvid as the codec and MP3 for audio… for some reason, it crashes when i use .ogg videos, i had to convert them with mencoder to .avi
now i have audio in my videos :slight_smile:
i hope you get yours to work Atom, thanks musk for the info… :slight_smile:
EDIT: musk, i just saw your time-lapse videos… amazing!! :stuck_out_tongue: thanks again