Augmented reality Mario game

http://www.nintendoamusementpark.com/

I don’t know what you have to say, all I know is that you don a mario costume then go through a level with goomba bean bags and balloon power coins and punch hanging power boxes while wearing a harness.

One day your son Mendel may be playing Mario in his Brain Beaming console using his brainwaves for movements without physically moving and that’s when you realize how incredibly pointless that A.R. game really was.

wow, the future really is now :slight_smile:

Is it me or is that INCREDIBLY stupid looking?

Is it me or is that INCREDIBLY stupid looking?

… Uhh…

3 things i have to say about that

1 is thats is kinda strange but not in a bad way

2 is i wouldnt mind havin me a mario costume liike that

and 3 is it might be cooler when its finished
it said on that site its a prototype

It’s not you.

I’m surprised they got so far in the prototype.

I’m not sure if I should laugh or not. Would anyone really do that? I mean, it seems to be too much for little kids and most of the other people won’t really care…

Well, to cite kit89…I’m suprised they got so far with the prototype.

What happens if you wanna be Yoshi instead of Mario or Luigi?

What a useless invention. :rolleyes:

I think Icoxo wanted to point out the technology that is used in this “game console”.
Not the idea of playing Super Mario with it.

You’d need to find a new technology, now if you use a system that has you use your brainwaves for movement and a device that beams sensory information to all areas of the brain so you get total sensory feedback giving you a physical position and presence in virtual space then you’ll probably be able to play Yoshi, otherwise the technology here (first post) only works with playing human/humanoid characters and can only do platformers with no tunnels.

I posted about this system months ago so no need to fire up the discussion again.

If you don’t want to wait for Brain beaming (or perhaps a system that controls your environment and form while you’re in a dream state (another possibility), then you could try playing Mario in something called a virtua-sphere (actually developed) providing it gives you room for jumping.

For some reason, I always thought this guy looked like Mario:

http://www.star-collector.net/autographs/louhirsch1.jpg

Get some bungee harnesses, jump around and say “hey look im mario”, and its an ‘invention’? I Lol’ed…

AR technology opens up many opportunities for us. Mario is not the only successful project with AR. .Check out list of augmented reality apps for kids