Auto-copy Base Color to Viewport Display color?

I would prefer there be an option for the Viewport Display color to always ‘follow’ the Base Color, even when that Base Color is altered.

Is there such a thing?

I agree, but I don’t know if there is anything like that.

:disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

Since base color can be textured, obviously that couldn’t work. You can to limited effect do it the other way around. Use object info node color socket to drive base color. Unfortunately it’s only object color, not material color. I don’t know what you can do with drivers. Looked it up?

All I’m suggesting is linking the SWATCHES together.

I would really like to see that too. For more complex/textured shaders, it could guess/approximate the dominant or average color. See the link below for some ideas:

Not exactly what you are looking for but it helps.

I tried to install in 2.83 just launched without error it installed but cant find to activate the addon. Any help Thanks

Is that dynamic, or is it a one-time thing?

No it’s a one time thing. But gives you the sum of the socket input. I use it for past pro with workbech and POVRay.

preferences search > Set Viewport Color
right mouse button > object context menu

Cannot find the addon in the preferences search

The addon folder and files seen
C:\Users***********\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons

This is a classic… if there is only one *.py in the zip which is not in a folder and is not __init__py you have to unzip the zip and install the *.py. In this case the set_viewport_color.py :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. Done

Drivers https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/animation/drivers/introduction.html