Auto Mirror EX

Super-fast cutting and mirroring of mesh. Further enhanced Mirror Master add-on

Automate a series of tasks, such as deleting a half, setting a mirror modifier, setting a clipping, and more.
Auto Mirror add-on Build-in Blender has been significantly enhanced.

Download

■ gumroad

Blender Market

Auto Mirror

Remove half of the mesh axes and set the mirror modifier.
You can change the settings of detailed options from the menu or from the bottom left of the screen after execution.

• Batch setting of multiple axes
  • Batch application to multiple objects
  • Sort modifiers at the top

MirrorMirror

With multiple selections, you can set mirror modifiers for the active object as the target object at once.
If you have selected one object, do the normal mirror modifier settings.

Batch operation of modifiers

Operate modifiers at once.
You can also use modifiers other than mirror modifiers.

• Batch application of modifiers
  • Batch removal of modifiers
  • Sort modifiers
  • Move the specified modifier to the very beginning, the very end, etc.
  • Useful for putting the mirror modifier first or the subdivision modifier at the top
  • Switching the display of modifiers
  • Switch the specified modifier’s “render display”, “viewport display”, “In editmode”, “In cage”, etc.

Batch change of mirrored objects

Change the mirror target objects at once.

Menu

• 3D view > Property Shelf > Edit > Auto Mirror"

keymap

(Off by default)

• Ctrl + Sfhit + Alt + X …… Auto Mirror
  • Alt + Shift + X …… Mirror X
  • Alt + Shift + Y …… Mirror Y
  • Alt + Shift + Z …… Mirror Z
  • Alt + Shift + F …… Toggle Mirror

Description

YouTube

Time series

AutoMirror wasn’t yet supported in the early days of Blender 2.8 development, so I did it myself.
I updated it many times and branched to another add-on.

1. In Blender ~2.79 - There was AutoMirror addon by Lapineige.
  2. In Blender 2.80a - Lapineige was not supported
  3. In Blender 2.80a - I supported
  4. In Blender 2.80 - The version I supported has been merged into the built-in add-on
  5. Branch to another add-on- Added functions such as batch processing of multiple objects, addition of MirrorMirror, and option change after execution
18 Likes

thank you. Its very important

hi, this addon came with blender 2.79 release. It seems the version you have updated predates the version in blender. I’m wanting to fix the auto mirror in blender so I’ve made a hybrid of your addon and the one in blender. I’ve also added in the ability to change the tab name. Thanks, could you check this is right and let me klnow and I will restore it for blender 2.8 release.
mesh_auto_mirror.py (11.5 KB)

1 Like

Oops!:open_mouth:
I did not know that it was the official built-in add-on for Blender 2.79.
I tried using it, but I think your script works fine.
Thank you.

“I will restore it for blender 2.8 release.”

Does this mean “make Blender 2.8’s official built-in add-on”?
If so, that is good.
(I’m not good at English, I just talk in translation)

I was really waiting the 2.8 version :slight_smile: I tested it just now, and this messages appears:

2019-03-30 Blender 2.8 confirmed that it has been revived as an official build-in add-on.
This add-on works.
With the official support for Auto Mirror, it is probably better to use this add-on from now on.:innocent:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, it’s a really useful script and great to have working in nightly builds again. feel free to let us know if you do further updates and thanks again.

1 Like

I think that updates by me will probably not be done anymore.
This is because we believe that the current level of completion is sufficient.
Also, for some reason the add-on can not be used, and if I get in trouble without anyone updating, I might update it.

ver2.6.0

Combines the functionality of the “Mirror Mirror Tool” addon

2019-05-21

Demo video:

Added Function:

Combines the functionality of the “Mirror Mirror Tool” addon, which is a Blender 2.79 addon.

Mirror another object to an axis.
First select the objects you want to mirror,
Second select the objects you want to be axis and then execute.
Set up a regular mirror if there is only one selected object.

BlenderAddons/MirrorMirrorTool.py at master · fornof/BlenderAddons · GitHub
https://github.com/fornof/BlenderAddons/blob/master/MirrorMirrorTool.py

Added Toggle Mirror

Switch on / off the Modifier named Mirror or mirror_mirror.

Added Keymap:

• Alt + Shift + X …… Mirror X
  • Alt + Shift + Y …… Mirror Y
  • Alt + Shift + Z …… Mirror Z
  • Alt + Shift + F …… Toggle Mirror

Specification change:

Changed all operator names from “object. ~” To “automirror. ~”.
Example: automirror.mirror_mirror_x
This is to avoid operator name conflicts with other add-ons.

! This will require you to correct the operator name if you have key settings that you have registered yourself !

4 Likes

@Bookyakuno that’s an interesting addition :slight_smile:

By the way, I’m (slowly, not enough free time) working on an updated Auto Mirror version for 2.8x versions, using the new 3D gizmo system.

4 Likes

Would it be possible to be able to mirror via an edge in edit mode?

like mark an edge for mirror pos/axis and then select faces and mirror?

May have to create temp pivot TM or empty I guess. Ideally not an empty tho probably. Unless can turn off Undo so it doesn’t come back?

Great work!

1 Like

What does TM mean ?

Well I think mirroring only part of the object is a bit out of scope for my add-on. I can add a mirror for the whole object but with a different origin than the current one (for instance, and edge), but mirroring a part of the geometry alone add much more complexity. And it could be done manually (without hacky things like empties ^^) by duplicating the object geometry, and mirroring it apart from the model, and joining it then.

1 Like

Ah ok. No problem. Maybe I will try to make something myself , or try to.

But rotation Matrices and that math can be confusing. I made a tool that does it in 3dsmax , but was “easy” because I just align their working pivot to the edge transform that I built. using edge as vector and world Z/Up and cross product for rotation. Then basically yes. Dupe the faces. Detach and mirror and re-Attach.

I ended up making an operator to let me dupe/mirror a mesh in edit mode, based on a a selection. Can mirror via many options as well as offset and rotate after the fact.

Since blender can’t have unique edge vs face selections though as max can, I have an option to mirror via active face.

Mirroring through the selection of a face is a very good idea. Wings 3D has such a command and it is very useful indeed. But… you say that you made such an operator… is it in a modified version of the add-on here? And if it is so, where can someone download it?

It’s all custom. I didn’t release but I could.

It could be good if you release it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey man, any chance you could improve included Mirror Mirror Tool so it takes all selected objects into account, not just last 2 (last selected becomes mirror object and mirror modifier gets added to all previous objects in selection)?

Here is example:

1 Like

ver2.7.0 Can now batch processing

automirror_ver2-7

All functions can now batch processing multiple selection objects at once.

4 Likes

Yay! I can’t find 2.7 version though, gumroad only has 2.5 and 2.6.