Auto-rig Pro [3.69]

I’ve played bit more and by editing the positioning of the guide bones, and seems to be getting better results now.

I’m just confused as to where the guide-bone ends needs to be on the eye area… on the eyelid geometry or outside? Same goes for lips, do the guide-bones need to be offset and not directly on the lip edge-loops and do they need to be increased in size according to the thickness of the lips or irrelevant?

The correct placement of the Skull 1 2 3 bones?

For the eyebrows, do you need to create shapekeys afterwards? You mention “tick deform” on your docs should you wish to use bones deformation, where do I find this?

On the eyelid upper and lower controls, should one use rotate or translate when animating these?

The eyelids bone tails should be positionned on the eyelid geometry for a proper bone rotation.
The lips bone heads should be positionned on the lips geometry or slightly ahead.

The skull bones must be positionned along the head height.

The eyebrows are supposed to work with shape keys but in case you want the bones to deform check the box in the bone property panel, next to the armature one. The eyelids should be rotated.

I’ll make it clear in the doc, i understand it may not be obvious.

Thanks, just wish to make sure I understand head / tail on above…

That’s exactly it, and you can check the head/tail transform as well to test it:

A new version has been released:
-eye targets feature
-a tool to quickly setup shape keys drivers
-a button to set the bone picker camera view
-bugfix

Hey,

I’m glad to announce a new important update with several new features and fixes.

-Thanks to the SR3d proposal, it now includes a solver that automatically find the reference bone placement depending on the character. This speeds up the whole rigging process taking it a step further!

https://youtu.be/9qvB57aQtcE

-Elbow and knees pinning

-Bend all finger phalanxes at onces with a new property

Cheers!

You raise the price every day. :frowning:

Hi Juggie,
Many features have been added sine the first version. I think it’s still quite cheap though. Some auto rig plugins for 3Dsmax cost a few hundred euros.
However i’m planning to add separate addons extensions such as animal/quadruped rigs with tails, multiple limbs…

You can still get almost all the features for free via github. That´s extremely generous.

It’s ok, good work good price.
If you mean, put it permanantly to 40$.
But every day $ 5 more, looks strange.:wink:

edit: I bought it quickly.:smiley:

Just a quick correction, it’s “phalanges” not “phalanxes”.

Thanks for your support juggie :slight_smile:

Just a quick correction, it’s “phalanges” not “phalanxes”

Oops thanks for pointing it out, it will be corrected. Daunting english.

Ok,
I am sold on this - Going to pick this up as soon as I am able.

Suggestion -
Would it be possible to get the Unreal Engine 4 Skeleton as an option for auto rig pro? You can find a blender based UE4 rig here.

Questions -

1. Does the various rigs included support Root Motion based animation?
  2. Are the rigs included ready for use in real time applications such as games?

Thank you for your time,

HeadClot

Hi HeadClot,

Suggestion -
Would it be possible to get the Unreal Engine 4 Skeleton as an option for auto rig pro? You can find a blender based UE4 rig here.

Questions -

1. Does the various rigs included support Root Motion based animation?
  2. Are the rigs included ready for use in real time applications such as games?

I’ve started to test the rig with the Unity engine. It went fine, however further testing is needed to state it fully compatible.

It hasn’t been tested with UE so far. Will have to check it as well.

Haven’t tested it with root motion, i’ll keep this in mind.

Thank you for considering Unreal Engine Support.

It really means allot. :slight_smile:

Your rig is pretty amazing, lucky!

Just one thing that I wish to bring to your attention, when I view the picker from front view the FK IK text looks like this and thought it was a font bug or issue…

but when I looked closer in perspective I see there’s a duplication flipped causing the garbled text…

Hi.
Thanks for sharing this addon :slight_smile:

Could you see if you can reproduce this problem?

Steps:
Open Blender/Cycles with default Cube. Enable “proxy_picker.py” addon. Switch to GPU compute and enable Motion Blur. Render > Render Animation.
Monitor your VRAM usage with GPU-Z for example, or wait until Out of Memory error message appear.

(I’m on Linux 64 bits)

Edit:
Currently fixed from both sides. From addon side and most importantly, from Blener side. Thank you!

I must say that I don’t really use pickers but… The picker isn’t labeled / the shapes aren’t clear as to what they actually do. Spending some more time on them would help clarify instead of having to randomly click and see what happens / what is selected.

i totally agree with thedaemon

How do I apply your latest version 2.6 with the new picker to a rig done with the previous version? I really don’t want to start all over again.

I can only guess that you delete the current rig and picker but leave the reference bones, then append the new files, let the armature match references bones and bind again.