Auto-rig Pro [3.69]

Did not manage to get this right, hope there will be an auto updater from lucky keeping the weight painting and bone positioning in tact.

Lucky, hence the overall mouth corner is controlled by c_lips_smile, what are the c_lips_corner_mini controller used for? I don’t see it has any weight influence after bind.

Hi!
Sorry for the late reply, hadn’t checked the thread since a while. Got to subscribed to it! Feel free to PM me otherwise.

Just one thing that I wish to bring to your attention, when I view the picker from front view the FK IK text looks like this and thought it was a font bug or issue…

The picker is meant to be displayed in solid color, not wireframe.

Thanks for sharing this addon :slight_smile:

Could you see if you can reproduce this problem?
https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho…lur-is-enabled

Confirmed! I have no idea… I’m investigating!!

I must say that I don’t really use pickers but… The picker isn’t labeled / the shapes aren’t clear as to what they actually do. Spending some more time on them would help clarify instead of having to randomly click and see what happens / what is selected.

Duly noted. However the shapes are made of blocks so that they can be selected easily with a rectangle selection. Let’s say you need to select all of the arms controller, just make a box selection around them and you’re done. It may be not the fanciest panel, but it has been designed for efficency. Still not perfect anyway, I’ll keep your feedback in mind.
Labelling every bone would overload the layout… You can check the bone name to get a clue of its function. I understand this require a little time to adapt but check Disney’s Olaf rig, it’s not that different.

How do I apply your latest version 2.6 with the new picker to a rig done with the previous version? I really don’t want to start all over again.

You’ll have to re-place the reference bones in case some changes have been made on the latest release (naming, new bones…) which could break the script otherwise. But keep the vertex groups, and instead of clicking the ‘Bind’ button replace the new rig in the mesh armature modifiers.

Lucky, hence the overall mouth corner is controlled by c_lips_smile, what are the c_lips_corner_mini controller used for? I don’t see it has any weight influence after bind.

It’s meant to move lips corner but only a few verts for fine tuning. Use it with shape keys, or enable its ‘Deform’ checkbox and add the relative vertex group.

[UPDATE]

2.66: I’m glad to introduce several new cool features related to rig modularity. Support for quadruped has been improved and extra limbs can now easily be added or removed from the rig. The motion-blur+proxy picker bug reported by Yafu has been fixed.

2.63: Improved the controllers shapes. Auto hide and reveal the FK/IK feet and hands.

2.62: Support multi Child-Of constraints for IK chains (feet, hands). Auto-UI camera for multiple characters (the user have to make sure the Auto-Rig Pro: Auto UI panel is displayed in the property panel of the UI camera to enable the camera update).

Cheers!

Hi
can you apply bvh to the rig?

Hi
Is it possible to apply bvh mocap to the rig?

Hi LG,

Remap doc:
http://lucky3d.fr/auto-rig-pro/doc/remap_doc.html

Thanks for response.
Another thing - if I want octopus or any multiple arm rigs, how can I add more arms, legs, head, etc?

Multiple limbs is in the roadmap too.

Great improvements! Keep it up, I’m going to stop building my own rigs now.

hey cant import blender crash

Hey Chris, which version are you using? The weird crash when appending with Blender 2.68a has been fixed since v2.71.

New Remap tool for retargetting any armature to a different one (e.g. bvh motion capture):

Sorry about my english accent :rolleyes:

Just purchased this today, it looks very useful :slight_smile: However, when I exported a test character to Unity I noticed that the resulting rig is not compatible with the “humanoid” specification in Unity. Would it be maybe at some point be possible for you to look into that? While a “generic” rig works fine, a “humanoid” rig allows retargeting of any humanoid animation to every humanoid character, which I find very useful.

Hey Niclas,

Thanks for your support. It should be feasible, basicly the humanoid type is currently not supported because the armature hierarchy is too complex because it supports cartoon stretchy features.
But I have a few ideas to make and automatize a simplification process, i’ll let you know.

I’ve just updated the Auto-Rig Pro addon on the Blender Market with support for the Humanoid rig type.
Here is the doc(press F5 to reload if you see the older version).

It’s been tested on several characters and worked great, just select Humanoid in Unity, then the bone mapping should come easy, however the feature is still very new so feel free to report any problems encountered.

Thanks so much for implementing this, it is a very useful feature when working with Unity

I watched the facial demo but there was no commentary to why you deleted the vertex groups and added new ones. It was just 30 mins of music and watching you work. Could you recreate a video explaining how to setup the facial parts and get a usable facial rig please? That is what I’m interested in most.

You’re welcome niclas!

Selahpoetic, I deleted the vertex groups of the eyes because the eyeglobe don’t need any other bone deforming than the eyes.
So instead of deleting one by one every group but the eyes, I delete them all and recreated the necessary vertex group. Sorry but this video is not meant to explain the basics and principles of skinning, you will easily find tutorial on youtube for that.

And here comes the 3.0 release:

Lots of new cool stuff! Going from 2.75 straight to 3.0 to distinguish Blender current version and ARP.

As always please let me know if you encounter any nasty bug so that I begin the fight with them right away :slight_smile:

Log:

• New feature for the Remap tool, Guess Orientation to automatically find the axis mapping. It compares the rotations of the source and target bones in Rest Pose and apply the corresponding values, resulting in a significant speed up for BVH/motion capture import.

• Cosmetic: clearer, bolder font text in the picker panel. Improved the hand custom bone shape.

• Asymetric rig support

• Fixed a double translation on the thumb first phalange

• Fixed the slight elbow/knee offset when snapping FK>IK with stretch (finally!)

Tried testing this out but every time I go to bind the rig to my character mesheverything but the head and part of the chest disappears and I can’t figure out how to make it visible.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?