AUTO SHUTDOWN SCRIPT[ DL stopped]

Automatically shutsdown your PC after a loooooong animation rendering.

WindowsXP only.

[url=]AUTO SHUTDOWN SCRIPT ver1.0

Looks like the script have problem. So I stopped the DL.

aww [particulary to the XP only part], but batch files are easy enough to create

even if they call rundll to shutdown the computer

[personally, for rendering the extra power before I return to the computer isn’t an issue for me]

if you care [tell me to] I’ll try to dig up how to shutdown from the commandline older versions of windows

Personally I’m not quite sure why you’d want to shut down the machine anyway. (There’s something to be said for making these things “not possible” so that a virus couldn’t do the same thing, e.g. denial-of-service attack. Umm, surely you don’t log on as “Administrator,” right?) Computers use almost no electrical power once the monitor is turned off.

I really have to agree with sundial, beign in a computer development program at the local college its the start up that does the most damage to the chips on your boards, the surge of electricity can easilly blow most of your hardware sicne noone uses TTL anymore.

only time my rig is shut down is for maintenance everythign else, updates etc, i use a softboot.

also like sundial said with the moniter shut off or in energy saver mode your entire system uses less electricity then a 60 watt lightbulb

MacBlender

also like sundial said with the moniter shut off or in energy saver mode your entire system uses less electricity then a 60 watt lightbulb

Well… yeah,?@saving electricity was my main purpose. I didn’t know about this. Sorry. :expressionless:

But there was other reasons.

I always render big scene while I’m sleeping and scene my PC is in my room I can’t sleep well because of the PC’s noise.

I also concern about an electromagnetic wave.

def shutdown():
	os.system("shutdown -s -f")

This is the shoutdown source. Is this bad for computer?

Actually this is my first programiong staff. So I don’t have much knowledge yet. [/quote]

its not really your fault cause you didn’t know much of the dynamics of it. i didn’t even know most of my life so its not like i can say “its such a simple thing how could you ahve not known” its just something that i learned. plus with the electromagnetic aspect that sort of stuff is directly tied into the amount of electricity is running through the wire or bus. if it was too great it would format your harddrive whenever your had your computer running.

MacBlender