Auto Tile Size

@-guido- that error doesn’t seem to relate to any error in my addon, but perhaps way you installed it? Did you go into the user preferences, in the Addons tab, and click the “Install from File” button at the bottom, and select only the auto_tile_size_release_03.py?

I’ve seen some really strange behavior from windows 8 recently.

Yes, I installed this way…but I also have problems with saving the file from the browser, In fact, among the various files available not find the extension .py and I had to rename the file…maybe this is the problem…
Could you let me have the file already saved with the extension. py?

Sorry and thank you very much for your help

Just right click the link > Save Link As. If you have trouble with that, just copy all the text, paste it in a text editor and save it as a .py file.

Use the link on the first post for the latest version, which as this moment is: https://projects.blender.org/tracker/download.php/153/467/36785/28108/auto_tile_size_release_03.py

Excellent work,

Thanks.:smiley:

Hello, it will work with Blender 2.78?

In your web page says that “it’s included in Blender by default”, but I can not find it under Addons.

Thanks in advance.

Yep it should work, and it should still be included as far as I know. Just search for “Auto Tile Size”, or look in the render category.

If you still can’t find it, you can download it here: https://git.blender.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi/blender-addons.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/render_auto_tile_size.py
(Right click page, save as…)

such things should be enabled by default when you install blender :slight_smile:

never mind, now it shows in the search. It is strange, yesterday I did search several times writing “tile”, “Auto”, “size”, and later I also look in the Render category. Maybe there is some bug with some scene settings that cause it to do not show?

In my scene it render faster at 256x256 than the “Auto tile size” selection (it was 256*240)

:S

Thank you!!

Works great, here. :slight_smile:
Seems is quite effectively optimizing the times. :slight_smile:

Any chance this could generate a better tile size for GPU rendering?

There was a recent commit/patch/can’t remember which made GPU tile sizes mostly obsolete. Still need to test and update, but won’t have time for it for a while.