Autoskinning?

Does the 2.27 autoskinning work in realtime? If not, can you convert it to vertex groups?

That’s a good question, I have used the auto skinning feature, but since the game engine is disabled, I haven’t been able to test that, I wonder if you could then open it in Publisher 2.25?

I tried the autoskinning in 2.27, made some logicbricks, saved and opened the file in 2.25 and it worked.

autoskinning? i’m not familiar with that…how exactly it works?

You make character, build armature, name bones, parent together, a dialog box will pop up asking if you want to use autoskining and give you some options. Wha-la bones all assigned and vertex groups made. Some tweaking and adjusting then required for optimum results. It is a fantastic timesaver and takes alot of the tediousness out of rigging characters.

cool! didn’t even know about this…thank you for the hint :wink:

Holy sweet!

Thats one of the coolest things I’ve ever seeeeen.

wow! that’s great! like you said,a real time saver. thanx dreams! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

i was trying the autoskinning thing,but it assigns vertex groups to the wrong bones.anybody knows how to “fix” that?

AutoSkinning is mainly for skinning cilinders Hos is tring to do better but it not easy he has to look at sub-d information… all i recmmend for skining a character for the game engine it split up the mesh from the arms legs body, etc… Combining them work work though unless you rename the bones before you combine them…

cool. thanx. :smiley: