avg anti virus / free edition?

has anyone used this, and is it any good?

I’ve been using it for about a year or so now, and it’s worked well for me. But I use Firefox & don’t do any peer-to-peer filesharing, also I’m almost always behind a firewall… so I’m not a high risk.

I use Avast! for over a year and great. It is also free with free updates.http://www.avast.com

I’ve used AVG for about a year with Internet Explorer and it has worked fine. I work for a small company of about 200 people and we actually have a disk of utilities for employees when they have computer problems at home that includes this program. I recommend it. I also use ZoneAlarm which is also free and works well as a fire wall.

avg is certainly a lot better than mcaffee

in that it doesn’t annoy me daily [unless I am up at 3am when the automatic scan is scheduled for]

but then again, I can’t be a reliable test of it because I don’t use outlook, or IE [when possible]

thanks everyone :smiley:

I’ll give it a try ( fingers crossed ) :wink:

cheers

lilo

Avast is much better IMAO.

avast.com

I’ve been using avast for about a year now. Works great (but I’ve never tried AVG).

AVG looks like they developed it in win3.1…literally.

AVG looks like they developed it in win3.1…literally.

Yeah!!

But it works.

Been using it for 2 and a half years with no probs…

Alex

Yeah, that’s kinda what stopped me from downloading it. I thought it was just an old version of the pro edition (but they’re now working on free edition v7).

ok just a little update…

installed avg 6 / it locked up my internet

removed avg and installed avast , which seems to work fine

new version of avast coming out on 11.13.04

cheers

lilo