I’m happy to announce that I’ve completed a video training series for absolute beginners with blender. I’m confident this is the best learning resource for beginners with blender in the universe. It took me 6 months full-time to produce and I learned a ton doing it.
If you are new to CG or blender, or know someone who is, please check out the series here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EThMJlaq7C0&list=PLiIPGZKwMIZQl3txvJCmNa3sUwHOBhgmC
- to download, install and run blender on any platform.
- terms related to the user interface, how to modify the layout of the UI, and how to save in every way.
- how the coordinate system works in blender, how navigation in the 3D viewport works and about the six default shading options in blender.
- The series contains 14 videos, between 4 and 12 minutes long.
- The videos are based on rock-solid teaching methods like scaffolding, spaced repetition, and multiple intelligences.
- Each video has very high production quality; graphics, animations, sound effects and transitions all made with blender.
- Every video begins with a bit of trivia about blender and the blender community to encourage newcomers to become involved themselves.
- Every video ends with a simple challenge meant to reinforce what they just learned.
I am a high school English teacher based in Canada. I took the past year off to make the series and plan to make more videos as I can. I’m really passionate about Blender which has been a long-time hobby of mine and I love to teach.