Aygul - The Human Project

A Really good face, Nice lines, Very nice . .

1 Like

I see what you’re going for, but look at reference of ‘unique’ ears like Nikki Lauda (extreme example), the ear of this model is just not correct; especially the earlobe is just to flat and planar

1 Like

@James_Unknown.64 ty.
@MarcTeuber
wow, that’s way to unique!
Changed ear a little to match my ref ear

Annotation%202019-10-06%20181632
I’ll add the additional detail in sculpting later. (like folds near earrings)
what do you think?

Also thanks for your input on this.

2 Likes

way better now!

1 Like

This is very close but, could use good skin texture and, more Real eyes, with Good color - - Also, simple hair, maybe just darkening material, on faces on scalp and, back neck – It Helps make it more Relatable And, artistic - -

1 Like

I agree. for now I’m playing with the topology to see what I can get out of it.
I have an Sketch book with some sculpts in it. textures and hairs too. check it out if you’re interested.

2 Likes

more on eye rig with simple animation + weight paint

Edit: as this is an experience for me I think I focus more on animation and doing/redoing loops until I’m happy with animations then I go to sculpting/texturing.
What do you think?

1 Like

You know, if you made some quick materials and, went into edit mode, you can select individual faces and, ’ ASSIGN ’ Color to them, just the material, it would make it a lot easier, also if you added some quick eye-brows . . I Made a technique - - If you make a plane and, delete three corners, so there’s only a vertex left and, snap it to the face, of the model, you can ’ extrude ’ that vertex, to make an eye-brow shape and, when it’s done, in 2D - Extrude it into 3D form and, then sub-divide surface, to get cool eye-brow . .

But if you place it, where you want it and, press the model and, go into edit mode, you can select the sculpt vertices close to the eye-brow and, snap them onto the ’ simple eye-brow ’ shape, that way you get nice 3D Sculpt eye-brows, that are based on a smooth, well-designed 3D object, you’ve made in the shape, you want - -

1 Like

Here’s how it looks, if you add a few materials, it really helps and, you just select some faces, in edit mode, click the ’ Material ’ place and, after you create a Material, there’s a button called ’ Assign ', and it’s That simple - -

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions.
for Now my goal is to work only on face topology for the animation.
I could work on some placeholders but for now the less objects I worry about, the better.
I will work on placeholders in later days though.

1 Like

Well you insisted so here is some placeholder materials! :blush:

2 Likes

Annotation%202019-10-09%20191612
OH GOD WHY!

How do I apply mirror then transfer my shapekeys? Any ideas?

2 Likes

It looks amazing, now it’s much easier to see mistakes or, places needing work - -

It Almost looks real, if you made the lips a bit redder, by selecting the vertex - faces there, in edit mode and, adding one more color, it would almost look human and, you could export it to a game or, some-thing, without even texturing it, lol you could make a ’ Toy story ’ game with mannequins, but more dark called ’ The Mannequin massacre ', where a bunch of Mannequins become a-life and, get into Serious trouble, lol lol

It’s a lot nicer now, it really works and, the animations are amazing - - sometimes, during this stage, I like to paint skin either blue or, red ’ plastic - rubber ’ color, for fun - -

It helps to change color into something that one thinks is fun working with, like bright clay or, rubber - - Then, for testing one changes color, to nice skin color . . When I Made the images, I thought I was working on ’ blue rubber ’ doll and, it made things relaxed and, feel comfortable - - Then, for final testing, just switch to accurate skin color and, you can see everything - -

You are almost at photorealism, it’s super-nice, Well-done - –

1 Like

Your face has amazing eye-lids, some of the best I’ve ever seen, it’s a Work of art, That’s what - -

I can’t wait to see more animations and, hair, when you decide to add it - - You could also make some simple geometry, like a plane, shape it into eye-brows and, extrude it to 3D, from 2D Plane and, Use Sub-div surface, and, get some nice eye-brows, as Place-holder - - If you did that, it Would look Real - -

you could make a short movie about some Mannequins, that Come alive when People aren’t looking and, get into trouble like Toy Story, but more adult, lol lol Your Model is great, Love it - -

1 Like

Ok Finally figured out how to move my shapekeys to the object with applied mirror.
Here is some uv unwrapping:

Edit: I might work more on the uv before going to substance. looks like there are some stretches here and there.

2 Likes

Took a while for me to get my facual UV’s right when I did my character a few months back. Proportional editing in the UV editing window helps a lot, if you’re not already using it. I also found that it’s better to try and maximise the resolution of the face, and let everything else be a little lower res, rather than worrying about trying to get everything to be completely even, if that makes sense. Some good work here so far! :smiley:

2 Likes

You must be using shape-keys and drivers attached to the rig for this. DO you use rotational difference or the transform channel in your drivers?

1 Like

used drivers for detecting blinking so I don’t have a long blink.

I know I used world location and for rigging that’s stupid but will change it later.

I tried that in making a game asset though the idea looks good but it backfires if you overdo it.
and thanks for the tips!

I’m not in a hurry with this model.

Here is a quick viewport render with all my premade materials for other models I made
will Texture paint it in a later day.

2 Likes