Aygul - The Human Project

strugling with my isp + doing other works.
little time to spare on this one:

log:
baked some more stuff
material changes
fixed eyebrows

1 Like

What about Hair, Like This - -
2-3-white-disheveled-haircut-without-fringe

Short, a bit spiky And, Wild - -

1 Like

and, a little blue sham- rock tattoo, over one ear - –

<3 <3

or, Give her golden eye - color, slightly glowing, Like gold - –

for now I’m stuck at my eye rig. so in the meantime I try to groom several hairs.
Here is one lazy attempt:

@Jasper_Brooks nice hair. I will try it.

4 Likes

I don’t understand the complexity of various eye rigs I find in tutorials around. I see a lot of tutorials putting bones into the skull and then parenting the eyeballs to those bones then tracking those bones to the eye bones and… all sorts of crazy things, and just don’t get what the advantage is.

My eye “rig” is super-simple, and seems to work pretty well. Just model the eyeball completely independently of any other mesh, then give it a “track to” constraint to a set of bones that are floating in front of her head.

This even made it super-simple to use with Rigify when I used a pro rig. Unsure about Blenrig, but betting it’ll be pretty easy there, too.

Also… why do people make their eyes a flat grey colour in the viewport? My viewport looks like this:

Which makes imagining what the render will look like much easier.

Sorry to brain dump. But you mentioned eye rig!

1 Like

Annotation%202019-11-01%20092411
well my eyes are like yours with some adjustments:
Eyes:

• a glass outer layer
  • a soft inner layer with sss
  • a water layer around glass and skin

why? because I think this way it looks nice from front and side. here are some eevee view port renders:

Logs:
the progress on this is almost near zero. I will pick it up next week maybe.
made changes to skin textures for better view in eevee.
Made shapekeys for iris so they can shrink or get wide.

1 Like

Yeah, that does look nice. When you say “a water layer” is that just some geometry that has depth and water IOR? How do you rig it along with the rest of the eye geometry?

I’m finding it hard to control even just the simplistic eyelid+eyelash geometry with armature. Maybe this is why everyone does shape key correction…

I’m experimenting with it.
it’s just like a tape around eyes.
yeah have to figure out a way to di it easier

some eevee renders

Textures will be the death of me!

1 Like

try in cycles, it makes everything look more realistic.

1 Like

some simple armature.

Trying to add multires modifier makes blender crash. any ideas?

1 Like

@TheAwesomeYT
OK,

logs:
material changes.
added displacement (what took me so long?)
add neck rig

1 Like

I think the eyelashes need a bit more love. Looking at reference, the lower eyelashes tend to “fade out” near the tear duct. In addition they’re usually thinner than the upper ones.
Obviously the noticeability of these details vary from person to person, but I feel like they might be worth testing. Good work so far! :+1:

1 Like

That’s why I made this topic! Thanks for pointing them out!

1 Like

Oh wow haha that came out wrong :confounded: I meant they’re usually more subtle on some people than on others.

1 Like

Is there any SSS? And is it at a 1:1 scale? That will fix a lot.

yes and yes.
I don’t want to overdo sss so it only shows itself on some lighting setups.

still lacking a good depth and subderm map though

1 Like

Some nice work here!

Have you seen this video:

I found it super helpful when painting my own skin shader. Specific to Substance, but same practices can be carried over to anything else.

2 Likes

ty for the comment! Edited the skin texture. will edit it more. now the eyes are bugging me!

Edit:
add a little depth to sss

1 Like