B r o a d b a n d

Yay.

Well, we moved this last weekend, and DSL just got hooked up (got my modem too). 1.5m down, 768k up.

This is life folks. I’ve finnally ditched dial-up. Thank goodness!!!

I’ve had DSL for a week now. Now I really know how much I hate dialup :stuck_out_tongue:

1.5 mb both ways cable, super g wireless router :stuck_out_tongue:

just clocked it at 2009 kb/s so I guess I win!

but you guys most sites don’t upload faster than 300 kb so it really doesn’t make a difference.

Very true…but that’s a heck of a lot better than 2.5k…

I clocked at 2800 kbps last week, so… :stuck_out_tongue:

800 kbps upstream.

Martin

where do you guys go to “clock it?” lol

oh, and over 1.544mbps means you probably have T3 or N x T1 if I’m not mistaken… am I mistaken?

My ISP has several tools to clock it (unbiased tools mind you).

You are. ADSL is very good in my area. :slight_smile:

Martin

hm, interesting…
I would definitely love what’s mentioned at http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/10/17/net_speed031017
just think of how much pr0n you could downlo…uhh… nevermind :wink:

If “pron” is not a mistake, then I would suggest you buy your fish at the grocery store (or pet shop maybe). You might also want to have it spell checked. 8)

the geek lore is weak in this one

I have a major problem that everyone at the other end is too slow.

Maximum download speed achieved via bittorrent was reported at 2.3mB/s

(note the B =bytes, not bits)

Ah… Uni network -> internet.

Happy days, I win. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Note: when not at Uni I only have dial-up, it’s like handing over the keys to your F1 car for a fiat panda! %|

Alex

sorry but I have 10/1 mbit/s back home :wink: , and for a small amount of money I can get 24/1 mbit/s instead :stuck_out_tongue:

…haven’t decided yet when and if to it :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue:

8Mbit down, 1 up for like 6€ á month. :smiley:

and I pay 44.64€ /month for my connection :wink: (or $59.44/month)

and I pay 44.64€ /month for my connection :wink: (or $59.44/month)[/quote]
That’s evil! I share my connection (wlan) with my neightbours so that’s why it’s so cheap. So in theory it’s not really 8/1Mbit for me, but in reality I’m almost the only one who use it regulary.

Eric: 8Mbit down, 1 up for like 6€ á month.

No way, impossible, where did you get that, in which country, what provider? I don’t believe that. Here 8 mbit download and 1 mbit upload cost like 60 euro here. I pay 34 euro a month for 1032 kb download en 332 kb upload. The cheapest internet you can get in holland is 6 euro for 128 kb download en 64 upload.

Are you paying 6 euro a month and paying your telephone ticks aftherwards for reduced price? I mean the money you pay looks fairly impossible. I know many people and asked a huge amount of people how much they pay, but this is incredible. 6 euro for 8 mbit download en 1mbit upload O_o Give us some info, I’m interested in doing bussiness wiht that company. :smiley:

We’re sharing the connection between 8 neightbours with wlan. So it’s not really 8Mbit for me only.
But it’s a great way to reduce the costs and to get rid of the stupid cables.

We will soon also upgrade to 24/1 Mbit for the same price. :slight_smile:

Got to love Sweden.

If you’re looking for tools to check your up/down speed, go to www.broadbandreports.com, and there should be some tests/tools on the left-hand menu.

I just switched from dial-up to cable in September, and switched my phone service to the same company. Paying $10 more a month for the internet connection, but so much less on the phone service that it actually comes out to ~$15 a month cheaper for an incredibly faster connection. I’m paying for 384kbps down/128kbps up ($30/month), but my actual speeds are about 2-3 times that.

I agree with Dittohead, I’m never going back to dial-up if I can help it.

[quote=“Eric”]

We’re sharing the connection between 8 neightbours with wlan. So it’s not really 8Mbit for me only.
But it’s a great way to reduce the costs and to get rid of the stupid cables.

We will soon also upgrade to 24/1 Mbit for the same price. :slight_smile:

Got to love Sweden.[/quote]

but you still not get all speed by yourself, I do !!! :slight_smile: