B-Renderon: Standalone render manager for Blender

I think I explained myself badly, that’s precisely what I “cooked” haha. Please when you can, send me a p.m. trough the blender market and tell me your o.s so I send you an appropiate build there.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!.. Yes, that is good news indeed! Somehow, inexplicably, I read that as you getting the choosing of blender builds fixed or working better or something… I’m fairly certain that I read with at least a 4th or 5th grade level… I’m being pulled in many directions, I guess…

Thanks so much! I will shoot you pm from there later today! Woohoo!!

1 Like

B-renderon is on the black friday sale on the blender market, 25% off!
Get it here: https://www.blendermarket.com/products/b-renderon

I love this add-on. It’s really helping me in my workflow.
I have 2 questions.

Is it possible to use viewport animation render for EEVEE.?
Because Blender renders a lot faster with viewport render than normal render with
almost identical result.

Is it possible to implement a feature like this add-on?

This add-on helped me to set custom render paths, but no longer available since 2.8.

Thank you.

1 Like

nice thx for sales

Hi! Thank you!
I think blender cannot do viewport renders in background mode (that is, without the UI running). It could be possible to do batch viewport animation rendering from b-renderon by allowing it to launch blender instances with the ui on, and launching a script that invokes viewport rendering and then closes the blender instance. I’m not too keen on adding such a feature to the official b-renderon as I think it would be a bit cumbersome ui wise and I feel it’s not such a common workflow, but If I get the time I could make a special b-renderon version with such behaviour.
Regarding the other feature you mentioned, I checked it out, looks usefull, I could implement something like that though I can’t promise any time frame for it as there’s a couple of other todos prior.
By the way, thank you very much for the ideas, those are interesting use cases

Thanks for the reply!
I think I’ll just wait for blender to be able to render as fast as viewport render.
I think it’s not a common workflow either.
I wonder why there are such difference in speed even with same samples.
Thank you for considering about the feature I requested. I’m looking forward!

1 Like

How does b-renderon handle blendercrashes? I need to render an animation and have crashes during render, could I use b-renderon to put like 10 times the same file in the renderque and setting to not overwrite previous frames? So when one blender instance would crash, the next one takes over?

If Blender crashes before rendering any frames B-renderon will relaunch it trying to render the same file a couple of times. If it crashes at any other time B-renderon will continue with the next item in the queue. So yes, if your blend has the overwrite option off (set in Blender) and you add it multiple times in the queue it will work like you say.

I have a feature planned for this, (because some times you may not want to disable the overwrite) that will test if all frames that were supposed to be rendered actually were, and if not it will re add the file to the queue but starting at the frame after the last rendered one, but it’s not there yet.

2 Likes

I can attest this technique works as long as you have “overwrite” turned off! I used it a lot more when I was working on Windows and Blender crashed far more often while rendering.

1 Like

I want to know if there’s some update about the possibility to render the different viewlayers? I’m using it to be able to change light setup in the same scene with the different camera… (this is at least the only solution i’ve found in Blender to achieve this need)

I just want to make sure you know about the “light groups” feature in Blender because it sounds like exactly what you need!

Hi! I implemented the ability to assign scripts to the blends in the queue to take charge of the rendering, but haven’t made a view layers rendering script yet, it’s on the todo’s list but i’m working on other features first. For the time being, in the situation you describe I usually either:

• have the different light setups in different collections, create a linked duplicate of the scene, and then activate one lighting setup collection on each scene (B-renderon does provide the ability to read the scenes in the blend and load them to the queue)
  • or use different viewlayers, manually setting file output nodes save the outputs of the different layers
1 Like

I did a small research and seam that this feature isn’t available in Blender 2.8x yet…

1 Like

Ok purchased! I’m sure it will be quite useful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah I missed that because I use E-Cycles branch. However, this feature is available for free in the Bone Studio builds which are also amazing:

Windows
Linuxhttps://blender.community/c/graphicall/djbbbc/

Graphicall is amazing in general for all kinds of builds if you haven’t used it before! Bone Studio builds are very solid for production generally but there are some crazy builds for playing around/specific effects too.

Just remember to point your B-Renderon to the build you have been using for render time!

Thanks! Hope you find it as useful as I do.

C, is a new version coming anytime soon? 1.5 is getting rather long in the tooth… really looking forward to those new features. ; - )

Haha yess! It got a bit delayed but it’s coming rather soon. Actually I was thinking about sending you a build in a couple of days in case you want to try the device selection feature (I’ve rewritten it)

2 Likes

Yes! It already helped me to render with both GPU! I have a GTX 1060 and a GTX 1080 and rendering in Blender I was going to get the memory full while with B-Renderon I was able to render with both.

A question: is it maybe possible with extra line code to specify the render resolution instead of having to open the file and change internally?

thanks!

2 Likes