B-Renderon: Standalone render manager for Blender

Hi!
Yeah, have you downloaded the latest update? There’s a “Choose devices” button that let’s you assign cycles render devices to the selected items.

Now, if you want to render different files with different devices AT THE SAME TIME, that is, render different blends in parallel, for the time being you have to launch different instances of B-renderon (I plan on making it a more straight forward option in the future).

Hey man, thanks for the quick response!, just having an addtional issue… B-renderon sees only 8 gpus, i have 10 :frowning:

1 Like

Oh that was a foolish oversight on my part, I didn’t imagine there were systems with so many gpus. I’ll remove that limitation.

Hi buddy. just tried v2.0. Great addon. Huge time saver.
The only thing bugs me is It doesn’t support the file output node in the compositor. In my daily workflow, I usually export 16bit png and Multlayer exr. Previously I’m using an app called Render Pilot for this.
It there any way to make it work with the file output node?
Thanks

Sorry test it again, It works this time. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks!
Yeah it does work! There is a only a little issue in B-renderon 2.0 with respect to this, which I found a couple of days ago, which is that it may display the wrong number of rendered frames after its finished because B-renderon counts saved images and with file output nodes there are multiple saved images per frame. I´ve already corrected that for the coming version, which I expect to upload in a couple of weeks. (If you need a build with that solved earlier than that send me a p.m. in blender market telling me which operating system you are on)

2 Likes

That’s great. Thanks.

New Update! Version 2.1 is up with some cool new features:

• Added useful information to the status bar during rendering
    (frames remaining, average rendering time per frame, estimated time remaining for current blend)
  • Added option to set a timer to start rendering later
  • Added option to play a sound when processing is completed
  • Added option to always startup with last session
  • Columns can now be hidden and reordered and reset and it will be remembered
  • Added support for dropping of queue files
  • Added option to relocate blends missing when loading queue files, usefull when switching to a different pc
  • Other smaller improvements and bug fixes
4 Likes

Nice! Thanks pal!

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I don’t know if it’s already possible, but if not, could you consider the following feature: to be able to define the output path of the renders?

2 Likes

Thanks for your support! I think you’ll like this update!

Currently you can do that with the extra arguments, setting as an extra argument -o and the output path, following blenders command line arguments format like explained here: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/advanced/command_line/arguments.html

In the future I’ve thought about implementing a nicer interface for extra arguments, where you would select the tags from a dropdown and browse for directories for the arguments that take a path.

2 Likes

OMFG pal, I am blown away. I just now fired up the latest release because I have a fat stack of animations to render tonight, and I was quite pleasantly surprised to find those features I wanted. And I am just talking about the status stuff at bottom left. I will not likely get into the other new features for at least a couple weeks, but I am so very thrilled with the stats and estimated time etc. You rock my friend! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah, I too am finding the stats very useful. Of course the estimate is just that, not always reliable, but I’ve found it more useful than I thought I would.

2 Likes

B-renderon is in the summer sale at the blender market!
Till friday (August 7) you can get it 25% off here: https://blendermarket.com/products/b-renderon

1 Like

Thanks Chanfiroly for this awesome tool! Works like a charm! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thank you!! Happy to read that!

B-renderon is in the cyber weekend at the blender market!
Get it 25% off here: https://blendermarket.com/products/b-renderon

Also, for people who already have B-renderon, an update is coming soon that, among other things, has a new setting to allow multiple parallel rendering instances. If you are interested in trying it please send me a P.M. at the blender market telling me your os so I send you an appropiate build.

1 Like

Folks, B-Renderon is a MUST-HAVE for anyone who works in Blender in a professional capacity. Period. You are really doing yourself a disservice if you do multiple renders on any given day and don’t own it. I command you to purchase it.

With the latest added features that now make it even more robust and intelligent, B-R has become a very polished and well-thought-out render management app. And simply put, it will make your life a lot easier. It’s like having a butler that handles all your renders. Who’s not up for that?..

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!!! Awesome to read such a review!

2 Likes

My pleasure pal. B-Renderon is thoroughly deserving of it! Had I more time, I would write an even better review bro! So Chanfiroly, why don’t you give us an update on what is cooking lately. Any new features we can look forward to in the near future? Not that the app leaves me wanting, and it surely has everything one needs, but in case some other sweet features are coming our way, it would be cool to know about them, if you are able to share them…

2 Likes