B-Renderon: Standalone render manager for Blender

Thanks again! I appreciate it.
The main new thing that is coming in the next update is the ability to have multiple rendering instances in parallel (without the need to launch multiple B-renderon instances or anything like that). This has been asked for by several people and I think it will be very useful especially for people with multiple gpus.
Other than that, the other sort of big change is a revamp of the “extra properties” window with a lot of presets for useful command line arguments and a few python expressions to, for example, set overwrite off + placeholders on from b-renderon, change camera (by name), etc.

I think I sent you a build trough a p.m. at the blender market a few weeks ago but I don’t think you saw it? That build is obsolete now so if you want to try it out let me know and I’ll send you a fresh one!
It’s almost ready for release anyway. I’m mostly testing it, particularly testing a new feature that tries to detect blender crashes and automatically resume renders, which is hard to test because blender is quite stable at rendering these days so I’m trying to come up with blend that causes random blender crashes during rendering to test the feature.

2 Likes

Nice!.. Yeah, I’ve been extraordinarily busy the last month or two and that flew under my radar. I’ll be sure to grab the next version and check everything out. Can’t wait! The B-R 2.1 version has been working flawlessly and I haven’t been missing any features for what I have been rendering (buttloads of animations) and since all three of my GPUs are identical 2070 Super Hybrids I never did have any need to choose GPUs or render with different builds of Blender to max out my GPUs. But that is a nice feature for anyone who needs to be able to render CUDA and Optix in either Blender or B-R while rendering in the other, or rendering in B-R while working in Blender.

Hope you get some nice holiday sales here bro! You hear that guys, buy this damn thing already if you don’t own it! Shit, for around ten bones this thing pays for itself lickety-split! (provided you make your living with Blender… or value your time)

2 Likes

Great to read it’s been working flawlessly! Yeah the multiple parallel instances is not always needed but I’m sure many people will find it useful.

And here’s a capture of the new options in the set extra arguments window
(Like always, theese are just extra options, for all settings that the user doesn’t explicitly change here, it will respect the original setting in the blend)

1 Like

Last day of the sale! 25% off!
https://blendermarket.com/products/b-renderon

I tried V2.2 with multiple parallel instances. It work perfectly, and it’s much faster on my hardware (RTX2060 local + RTX2070SUPER eGPU, and CPU i7)

2 Likes

Thank you very much for testing it and sharing the results!
This release is taking longer than expected but it’s almost there.

1 Like

Hi,
Is it possible to avoid 2 tasks render the same image in parallel rendering. It happens only at the start for the first image despite “placeholder”.

Hm, I’ll have to investigate that. That used to happen when I first implemented the parallel rendering option because the instances would start rendering pretty much at the same time so then I gave them an ofset. Can you tell me from what date is the beta build you are using? Meanwhile, a way to avoid that problem would be to ofset the starting rendering frame. Say you have two items in the queue which corresond to a same blend to be rendered in two instances, pick one of them and click modify frames range or press alt+s and in the start field enter +1 so that it starts rendering from the start frame + 1.

Thx for reply.
I use B-Renderon 2.2
Your solution +1 is good if you start a new render, but in the case we have interrupted the rendering and want to continue, it does not work. An other little problem in that case : the 0k files aren’t erased by an interruption (with placeholder/no overwrite activated). We have to erase it manualy.

Right. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten around publishing version 2.2 yet. What I was asking is when did I sent you the beta you are using to see if it was before certain fixes I did. If possible please send me a p.m. trough the blender market so I send you a newer build to see if the problem is fixed or still there.
Thank you

Does it suport octane? I’m trying it out right now and getting mixed results, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t

Hi! Can you send me a p.m. attaching the contents of b-renderon’s live log? It should work, though I found a reported octane issue in octane forums where, when rendering from command line (which is essentially what b-renderon does) it would only render the first frame.

EDIT: I’ve done a few tests now with octane blender v23.1 and it seems to be working fine here. Hopefully the info in the live log can shed light on what’s causing the problems you are experimenting so we find a solution.

I’m trying to render 2 scenes, same file, I use the two scenes for different camera/lighting setup. It seems it’s not working correctly, the first one renders correctly, the second one doesn’t start

This sounds like something i have been looking for.
For example, if a have a blend file that keeps crashing whilst rendering every 100 frames or so.
Would this stand-alone render manager help at all by retrying and continuing the render with say non overwrite frame settings?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this functionality is built in somewhere in the most recent versions. In the past I’ve had finicky renders that I managed to get out by using B-Renderon and just duplicating the file in the queue with non overwrite settings as you noted. Works a charm!

2 Likes

Oh right duplicating as well. Thanks i will look into it.

Hi! In the upcoming version there is an option to try to detect and resume failed renders. Meanwhile, duplicating the item in the queue, with overwrite off as giacometti777 suggested is a working solution for those cases.

2 Likes

B-renderon is in the Blender Market spring sale again!
Get it 25% off here: https://www.blendermarket.com/products/b-renderon

2 Likes

Anyone who has scenes that crash during rendering or just wants to organize their workflow needs this high value tool!!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like