B-Renderon: Standalone render manager for Blender

Yes. I will say it again; I command you to buy B-Renderon, if you do a bunch of rendering, professionally or otherwise. It is, without any doubt, the best money I’ve spent on Blender, in addition to E-Cycles. Owning both will have The Render Gods smiling down on you… even more so if you have a nice fat stack of GPUs, obviously… but having B-R and E-C reduces the urgency of having said stack of GPUs.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Last few hours of the spring sale!
25% off here: https://blendermarket.com/products/b-renderon

1 Like

Version 2.2 is finally up!
Updated the first post.

2 Likes

Hi, I assume there is no possibility to have two or three of my machines work on the same job somehow if I submit something?
Is there some secret option for this?

This is a workaround but here it is-
You can disable ‘overwrite’ and enable ‘placeholders’ in the blender output settings, and render into the same network folder. Also starting the renders on the machines with a few seconds in between helps.

Blender will write an empty frame file in the folder for the current frame, update it when it is done while skipping placeholder files that already exist.

Btw, just saw this thread, I used the addon and this exact trick a few months ago for a commercial project, the addon is a lifesaver.

2 Likes

Hi!
As mgt said, currently the workaround is outputing to a common network path and using the placeholders on overwrite off method. With the latest version these options can be set from b-renderon via the extra arguments window or in the blends themselves. You can set up your queue in one pc, export it and load it on each pc.
Proper network capabilities are planned but currently no eta for that unfortunately.

1 Like

Does it support an option to automatically resume command line render after crash from the last frame?

It has an option to try and detect failed renders and automatically resume them but it is off by default because it is not always reliable. I’m working on improving that for the next release. There’s a workaround which consists of duplicating the problematic blend in the queue and setting overwrite off.

2 Likes

Cool, thx)
Btw, do you have a plans on making Deadline integration? Deadline submitter doesn’t support different scenes inside file and that makes thing a little bit more complicated

1 Like

Missed this one, sorry.
I’m not very familiar with Deadline to be honest. I will investigate it to see how feasable/worth it it would be to work on an integration. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Thanks)
That integration would be a nice addition.
I’ll be advertising B-renderon in our studio since scene management is a must-have for Deadline, but its official submitter simply sucks
We have a local farm with 10-20 nodes so we’re using deadline