B-v 2.34 - sys init:warning - no sitedirs added from module

OS - win 2k sp4
gc - ati raid 9200se
Blender v2.34

hi i’m new & not familiar with python - on start I recieve the error which has been spoke of before on another forum but without a fix or resolve.

‘import site failed’ - use -v for trace back
sys init:warning - no sitedirs added from site module

close this window and blender closes.

Would someone be kind enough to explain this error message and how to resolve it.

TIA

look at the second link in my signature for another blender
it is the same regular blender except there is no error in console and it renders faster

ps. dont close that window it is what makes blender run and if u still get error just continue using blender

now the link is right

This is an ‘old’ and harmless ‘error’…

Meaning that Blender, will still run o.k. with the exception that some python scripts that require external modules from the official Python installation won’t run correctly or even won’t run at all (small issue if you don’t need them…)…

The reason for it, is either you don’t have Python installed, or you have it but the version of Python you’re using is missmatching Blender’s Python API version, or even that you have everything pretty much allright, but you have set your $PYTHONPATH environment variable incorrectly (take a look at the ‘Python & Plugins’ forum for your os specific instructions)…

I hope this helps…

/me wonders if ‘warning’ is European for ‘error’.

Actually I can’t give an answer to that…

It’s all Greek to me… lol

thanks Head_Cheese - question thou - is this still version 2.34? and by this not coming up with the error message - does this mean that the external modules that blender needs to run certain scripts is now included or are they excluded to prevent the error?

still 2.34 and i do believe Antares fixed the problem not sure
i does render faster Antares fixed some conflicts i think

[quote=“Timonides”]

This is an ‘old’ and harmless ‘error’…

Meaning that Blender, will still run o.k. with the exception that some python scripts that require external modules from the official Python installation won’t run correctly or even won’t run at all (small issue if you don’t need them…)…[/quote]

Timonides -

thanks for the explaination - and direction for further reading on this - as far as the scripts that won’t run because of this error - It would be a pain if I found in the middle of a project I did need them so I’d like to get the Blender running correctly from the get go… but I did play with it and render out a couple of quick simple things to get my self aquainted with the interface with-out incident.

As far as it being an old error - the other forums mention by so many was in reference to an older version of blender. But no mention of the fix - just everyone saying “Yeah, I got that error message too!”

Being it was/is an old error messaage and is still showing up why hasn’t it been given priority for resolve if so many recieve it and it hinders Blenders full potential/capability?

and thanks again for the info yes it helpfull

thanks again Head_Cheese - I’ll reinstall with the version you posted the link too.

I must say since last night when I first install Blender I 've had the opertunity to check further what others are doing with the app. It’s impressive.

by the way - ( I realize it’s off topic) but does blender have 3d fractal capabilities - gas things of this nature? I read it has partical - but haven’t seen anything on fractals as of yet. If it does - got a quick link you could post?
TIA

dont think so not yet

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209152#209152

%<

Thanks Fligh % - :slight_smile: - and everyone that helped me with this - thanks again.

Hey Head_Cheese - renders faster but doesn’t install ? a joke for new people trying blender? I’ll have to keep this in mind for the future…

no joke i dont know y it doesnt install?? :-?

Being it was/is an old error messaage and is still showing up why hasn’t it been given priority for resolve if so many recieve it and it hinders Blenders full potential/capability?

You either didn’t understand what I’m saying or I haven’t explained it very well.
This isn’t even a Blender’s problem! It is just a matter of missing “dependencies” on your computer. If you don’t have Python installed, or have the wrong python version, it’s not a problem of the software. There is nothing here that the developers should have given priority to resolve… You just have to keep your system “up to date”…
Even the “warning” message you get, does not come from Blender itself, it comes from Blender’s python interpreter and it means that it can’t find any “compatible” external modules installed on your system…

But by giving you an explanation of the problem, I have allready given you the “fix” for it:

Install Python (for Blender 2.34 you’ll need python version 2.3.3, which you get from www.python.org ofcourse) on your computer and then set your $PYTHONPATH properly and the “problem” will be gonne!!! I think it’s pretty much straightforward to do so, but if you think that you don’t understand something, please say so and we’ll be happy to assist you…

I hope this makes things even clearer… :smiley:

Timonides - I understood you’re first post - and my system is up to date… haveing just come from the download page of Blender 2.34
http://www.blender3d.com/cms/Blender.31.0.html

As I’m sure you see and agree - I see no mention of needing additional software to install Blender , nor mention of Blender needing additional .dlls or modules from Python to prevent errors from displaying or not installing - Other softwares i work with do mention the need, if so, of additional software. Such as the Gimp for one example. or Opera which asks for Java to be installed…

So how would one know? Guess? - a simple line added to the download page might be in order here wouldn’t you agree?- Other wise - someone new to Blender installing might conclude it was the software installed that has the error. or one has something configured incorrectly - Not gee I wonder do I need to install another piece of software to get this piece of software to work right or not to display error messages. Not that installing Python is a problem -

Imagine Macromedia saying that - Dreamweaver doesn’t work completly/displays error messages? - oh - we forgot to mention before you downloaded and you installed it - you need Lingo installed too, and you can guess at the resolve until you join a forum adn ask someone.

If I had to guess at that thought about every new piece of software I install … that’s a little much for anyone. Wouln’t you agree?

And again I sincerly do Thank you for you your explaination and everyones help - straight up I need python installed - okay - thanks. :wink:

what is opera. tell me more

I’ve long petitioned for the “import site” error to be reworded, and if that is not possible, have a tagline included pointing out that it’s a warning, not an error, and say where to get python, or at least a link to more instructions.

Not quite:

but I agree it should be more prominant.

But on the other side, this question gets answered so constantly that even the most no-brainer search on elYsiun will yield many results.

quote]
but I agree it should be more prominant.

But on the other side, this question gets answered so constantly that even the most no-brainer search on elYsiun will yield many results.[/quote]

That’s my point - if it’s being answered so constantly - it’s being asked constantly - a simple one liner on the download page for blender i.e.

“Installation instuctions - first install the lastest version of Python which can be found here…” so on and so on. Very simple and would resolve this issue once and for all for everyone interested in Blender.

My search of this site produced no findings - hence my header for the subject of this thread. Maybe I didn’t define the search enough, I don’t know. I made it a loose search to find what-ever it could.

another forum site produced 16 pages in one thread of posts - 99.9% claiming this same error/ warning upon install. after 3-4 pages of posts with-out someone stating a solution to the prob I gave up looking for the .1% that might have had the answer on that thread.

Head-Cheeses posted version wouldn’t even install with out the python 2.3 .dll’s. So no help or hints could be looked at unless an install completed which as stated his wouldn’t.

Head_Cheese - Opera’s is a browser - I just used it for refernce just like
I used the Gimp (2d Graphics) or SodiPodi - (for vector) all requiring additional software -

Point being - no one should have to search for the answer to this - it should be stated prior to the Blender download link on the page - which would save people constantly asking and/or answering this question. Or future problems if you just used blender and then a prob arises in the middle of a project and it’s due to the fact that python was never installed in the beginning. to me, that would be a no brainer.

Head_Cheese - you’re link to Blender intel installed once Python was installed - I’ll pour you a cold one. :wink: