b°wide NodePack - for Blender - 70+ NodeGroups

I just discovered this. Thanks for this great work.

Thanks very much for sharing.

Hi bashi,

Thank you a lot for your generosity. your job is great and must be in the trunk of blender like preset: essential for Cycle!
Bye bye from France.
Spirou4D

Hey bashi,

For someone like me, who is not well versed with shader dev, this is huge!
Much appreciated!!!

Hey Bashi,

I’m just dropping a quick post on the Defocus_Bokeh group. Please do not read this a flame thread, merely as an observation and hopefully, helpful criticism. And excuse any lack of understanding.

I have some mixed results/feelings with what you are doing inside there. The gamma correction you are applying is a bit of a mystery to me, I don’t quite grasp what you are doing there.
Also, the calculus for determining the focal plane works, very good actually, though the actual numbers (Fstop and focus distance) are. to me, not very life like, but i can only guess that is due to the lack of a film/sensor back, which is a necessity when simulating focus. There are some problems when using “real” units, for instance by using a driver to get the distance from the camera object to an empty, which in my setup is sort of required.

I’ve levitated that problem by doing the following:

I’ve stripped the original group from the actual bokeh rendering and just let it output the calculated focal plane. This is then fed as a Size into the Bokeh Blur node.

I can’t really find out why this works differently from using the original Node Group, but it does. I can use the internal values from Blender for getting the distance of my focal plane and use that for selectively blurring.

Again, thank you for creating this node pack. There’s so much good stuff in there, I hope I didn’t give you they idea I’m disliking what you did!

Ow and a quick demonstration how the Bokeh looks like:

Ow and turn OpenCL off in comp…that make’s for some weird results…

i us that pack so much. My sketchbook is a testament to bwide and his awesome node pack.

1 Like

Just found this. Seriously, great job and thank you. Is there a way u could make a node that is similar to 3dsmax composite texture node where you can add more layers and there is a mask for each layer? Also an image texture node that has blur, intensity, invert and curves parameters as this will help reduce clutter in the node editor? and finally maybe a composite material node with masks like vray?

I don’t know if you have used these softwares I have mentioned or u still make nodes for Blender but this will help speed up making materials especially complex ones. If u could, I am sure the community will benefit from it. Once again, thank you for making this available for all of us to use.

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to get my hands on this but the dropbox links are all broken :frowning:

Any tips?

Not totally sure this was the latest version, but this is the one I had on file. Sunshine coast eh?.. Do I know you? :slight_smile:

Maybe :slight_smile:

I currently work at the uni as a developer for the Cave 2 facility.

(ta for nodes)

Hey me too, work for the Uni I mean! I graduated there last year too. Didn’t know there were many blenderheads about!

Hi bashi.
It is not possible to download.

Hey Bashi! thanks for the great work! but apparently the links for download are broken :frowning:

Same here JoseJose, but the link on blend swap was still working as of yesterday.

Try blend swap. I found it here https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/70570

Thanks for the great set

Links for download get me error.

Mikeyb44 Thanks!.

1 Like

hey there, I tried to download the pack, which would quite be awesome to start with, but dropbox gives me 404. anyone got the file to share again? thank you very much for the threads as well!!