B

-One can’t typically edit and convert in place with Blender.
Will The business of altering one edge into any form, and back to any form,
be on the cards for the next official release of Blender?
It is the major thing
placing it behind a commercial product, and if included, even as an addon,
would drastically make things faster. Like:

{-Path to bezier edit mode conversion, with co-connected final end points already in place.

-Extrapolation of a series of path points into a single or series of corelative bezier points,
with co-connected final end points already in place.

-The ability to do this on either a plane/nurbs surface edge in face construction,
and to use the bsurfaces stuff or similar to correlate a combination of smooth
nurbs surfaces on a face to directly create ripples unique complex ripples.}

-Though, is there anything to easily create specifically unique ripples?

Moving along, though…

-If I have a composite path, with a series of dots throughout that I can <shift> select,
When it comes to a number dots in a row anywhere, how do I select two endpoints,
and also select all the dots along in between?

Last: select start, ctrl click on endpoint.
Before that: displaced geometry from specifically unique ripple height image/texture - displace modifier.
First: No idea, sounds like a lot of trouble programming/using. Which commercial products use this in a form you describe?

ast: select start, ctrl click on endpoint.

This doesn’t seem to work for a series of added paths.

-If I have a composite path, with a series of dots throughout that I can <shift> select,
When it comes to a number dots in a row anywhere, how do I select two endpoints,
and also select all the dots along in between?

-Would there be a shortcut key to increase and decrease this linear selection to add the next point or
detract a the current point by moving back?

Can you describe exactly what you want in a clear way with example images and ideally example blend files.
How you’ve currently described it makes it difficult to understand exactly what you’re talking about

You’ve caught me updating errors in my posts.

Anyway.

I can press <ctrl> and <+> to add to a subsequent linear point selection on a path with a number of establishes points.
However, when I repeat this in a mesh situation, it will only take more points area wise, and not automatically add points on
the mesh edge, or if internally at least parallel to one edge. Is there a way to turn this kind of area mode off
when <shift> selecting points along a mesh?

If you want to add to already selected verts/edges/faces use Shift click (right or left can be set in User Preferences) on a first in a path, select next endpoint by Ctrl click. To decrease selection Ctrl click on element which was selected right before as a first.

You can use Shift click on menu Vertex/Edge/Face selection icons to operate ‘in parallel’. Can be handy if you want to edit selection sometimes.

There wont be LINEAR selection by Ctrl plus +. This is selection area enlargement and might cause some unexpected selections if used in other than face selection mode; might be just me.

Adjacent vertices selection turns into selected edge; if there are 4 vertices selected making one face, selection now is face.
If you want select parallel vertices in ‘lines’ you need to be in edge selection mode first - you want select edges instead.

I suppose a script could be made to select the next vertex in the vertex order, there is not currently any select next in Blender editing or object context, is that what you want?