B2U Today and Future
Hi! By this time you should know that blender and unity are getting major updates in the next quarter. Unity is planed to release a next version with long requested new prefab system and Blender 2.8 is around the corner.
Here’s what we are working on today for the next version (1.3) and what we plan to implement for B2U 1.4
B2U 1.3 Current WIP Log - To be released in October 2018
- Will be compatible with Blender 2.79b and Unity 2018.2
- The Material system are being rework to add a new easier Workflow based on the Principled Shader
- Many Bug fixes.
B2U 1.4 - Released after Blender 2.8 in 2019
- Will be compatible with Blender 2.8x and Unity 2018.3
- Will support Unity’s prefab system
- Groups to Prefabs will be replaced with Collections to Prefabs
- New Export Collection mode
- Eevee Materials based on Principled Shader will be compatible with the Material Export
- Initial Animation Export support (Non Characters)
- Setup LOD models inside Blender
If you guys have any suggestion to include in those versions please contact us.