Baby astronaut suit design fail

The baby astronaut suit designers overlooked one detail… :grin:

Modeled using Blender, rendered using Luxcorerender.

Concept: Leonard Furuberg

:link: metinseven.nl

41 Likes

Great. Love this kind of colourful stuff. Was that scuplted or modelled (if those are the right terms)

1 Like

Thanks!

I used a combination of polygon subdivision modeling and sculpting. I mostly use polygon subdivision modeling for less organic / hard surface shapes.

Really cool and colourful. Has a toy story feel.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s a great compliment. :blush:

so cute and cool :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks man! :+1:

Big fan of all your characterdesigns.

1 Like

Many thanks, I appreciate it!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Cool, thanks! :+1:

Enjoy your weekend!

1 Like

Featured :+1:

1 Like

Muchas gracias! Much appreciated. :pray:

Hmm, maybe I need to ask this to Leonard Furuberg, but wouldn’t the laws of gravity and fluid-dynamics dictate the upper surface of the puke to be horizontal (as in parallel to the floor)?

Nice execution though.

greetings, Kologe

1 Like

:grin:

I’ve thought about this too, as well as the fact that the bubbles float from the surface, while the baby is not weightlessly floating, but sitting on the floor.

My explanation is: there’s gravity in this scene, and the baby has just moved his head, making the fluid sway inside the helmet, also causing the floating bubbles. It’s the brief moment before the fluid stabilizes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Fortunately, in cartoon-style scenes, nonsensical elements are forgivable, and the curvature in the fluid gives it a more dynamic look.

Here’s Leonard Furuberg’s original concept drawing:

1 Like

Probably so. Unfortunately that sense of motion works better on the 2d-concept for me than your 3d-version. I guess it’s hard to convey this sense of kinetic energy or inertia without motion blur, after all.

greetings, Kologe

:slightly_smiling_face:

Oh well, I’m at peace with the result. :wink: There’s always room for improvement.

Somehow, I feel bad for laughing! But if that was the intention, you succeeded!

1 Like

:smiley::+1:

Nice to read that. :slightly_smiling_face: