Backface Culling...HOW? (Solved)

Hey, I discovered Blender a few days ago and I am loving it! I am modeling for a game me and my team are making.

However, one big problem: I can’t seem to find backface culling.
When I export my models and load them into my game, they are disfigured horribly because the game uses Backface Culling (one-sided faces)

So, I searched all over Google, the Blender Forums, and this website for an answer; but none of the “cures” seemed to work, most of them were very old and didn’t work.
I found the cube near the selection buttons above the viewport, but it doesn’t do what I want it to. It seems to just make the object “solid” in edit mode.

Anyway, your help would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to not have to flip all the faces that are in the wrong direction manually in another program like Milkshape (which does have backface culling.)

~DtD
PS> My specs: Windows XP Pro (32-Bit) (Themes Off), ATI Radeo X1600, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2GHz), 1 GB RAM, 512 MB VRAM, dual screens.
PS2> I’ve also noticed that in models I’ve created, sometimes I can see the edges of the faces in normal 3D shaded mode (EG: non-wireframe) this has been kinda annoying to me as an amature modeler, and I’ve never found a solution. It seems to get fixed somtimes by “redrawing” the faces (deleting and re-adding them)
I don’t have a picture right now, but I can get one tomorrow morning I think.

Thank you very much for your time!!! :slight_smile:

Regarding your PS2. It sounds like you are having problems with discontinuous normals, on one part of your model the faces are pointing outwards and on another part they are pointing inwards. The dark line appear where these two areas meet. This just happens during modelling. To solve this just go into edit-mode, select all faces and press CTRL-N. This will recalculate the normals and should make the dark lines disappear.
If this doesn’t work then your mesh might be the cause of the problem. It might be something odd like a moebius-strip, so that blender doesn’t know how to calculate continuous normals, or you might have several Vertex in the same place.

You can turn on backface culling in the blender 3d view using SHIFT+T. You might also want to turn off double sided faces in the mesh panel in Editing (F9) Mode.

Thank you both very much! This will make it so much easier for me to use blender with my game! :smiley:

~DtD