Background Image not showing up

My background image is not showing up, are there some steps I have skipped or is something broken?

I received some concept sketches for a character from my artist, which I now wanted for modelling. I tried to load them both in .png and in .jpg, but they didn’t show up when I set the view to front. (The reference background images were set to front, Y axis too.)

I’m running Blender 2.63 on OS X 10.7.

Could you guys help me out here? We just started a new cool project and I really wanted to use Blender for the 3D models and animation, so I hope we can solve this… :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Daryl

P. S:
Here’s a screenshot, in case someone finds a silly mistake I made.

If you look in the top left corner of your screenshot you can see you are in perspective view (Front Persp).
Background images only show in orthographic view. Toggle between the two with numpad 5
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/3D_interaction/Navigating/3D_View#Perspective_and_Orthographic_Views

Im in ortho view but I’m still not getting my background image. It was here when I worked last night, when I opened the scene today it wouldn’t show up

)

Any resolution to this? I am having the same issue.