Background Pics in Blender 2.33a

I am sure there is a very simple answer to this question, put I can not figure it out. I am trying to but a background image down so I animate over it. I have checked tutorials and what not and they tell me how to do it only for older versions of blender with the “Shift F7” buttons. That doesn’t work in the newer versions. So how is it done?

Thanks
-bantor

If you look at the screenshot below:

http://members.shaw.ca/rjplus/backbuf.jpg

You enter the image under output in the second field down where it says “//backbuf” and depress the greenish backbuf button.

GreyBeard

for the viewport, go to View (in the window header) and Background Image… the rest is self-explaining

Solmax you are probably right in guessing what he means. When he said “so I animate over it” I thought he meant the rendered background rather than a background in the 3d window.

GreyBeard

yes, it was the “SHIFT F7” which brought me on the right track :wink: BTW, did you manage to get animated backgrounds to work on OSX with the lates CVS-build? (as far as i remember you’re a mac user, right?) recently i struggled, trying several different file-formats (TGA-seq’s, DV-mov’s) either as a texture or simply via file-selector… the biggest success was a grey colored viewport-bg, but the animation never showed up. i was just wondering if i forgot something (yea it still happens) or it’a technical problem.

mairn

BTW, did you manage to get animated backgrounds to work on OSX with the lates CVS-build?

Sorry can’t help you, I’m a linux user.

GreyBeard

Thanks a bundle for all the help it, it worked! YAY.

-bantor