background rendering

i’m little bit confused about these:
1_ “background image” … can i render in my final yafray render the image that i’m using as a background image? … if yes, how?
2_ environmental maps (such as skies), how i’m using these?
(i’m searching these for answers, since i like to use moreandmoreandmore blender for my architectural projects).
thanks! (links to answers to these questions are welcome as well as a direct/simple answer)

Search (here) for backbuf.

Seach for angmap.

Blend on! (and welcome to elysiun!)

Search (here) for backbuf.

Seach for angmap.

Blend on! (and welcome to elysiun!)[/quote]

thanks mzungu!, … links you provided are not showing up “Search (here) for backbuf.” …
i use backbuf … however, i’m using yafray as a rend_engine … because i want gi for my arch_presentations … could be that the cause?

i’ll search for “angmap” … thanks! a

Thats not meant to be a link, hes telling you to search here as in on Elysiun :smiley:

no links… just meant “here” at elYsiun, using those keywords. These topics have been discussed here a lot. Those discussions are very valuable for learning from the experiences of other blenderheads.

Don’t know how yafray handles this. You might pop over to the yafray forums (www.yafray.org) and search/ask there - there are fewer members there, but they’re much more focused on yafray.

Don’t know if backbuf is really what you’re talking about in your first question above. Could you be a little more descriptive?

Look forward to seeing examples of your efforts posted here in the future!

Thats not meant to be a link, hes telling you to search here as in on Elysiun :D[/quote]
ok, i’ll learn the jargon … tks! a

Don’t know how yafray handles this. You might pop over to the yafray forums (www.yafray.org) and search/ask there - there are fewer members there, but they’re much more focused on yafray.

_ yep, ill go there and bother those guys as well …

Don’t know if backbuf is really what you’re talking about in your first question above. Could you be a little more descriptive?

_ well, i know my english is not the best (i’m from north pole … and beside that these days we are little bit busy… the Cristmas is approaching and i’m helping Santa and i cannot focus really well on architecture). anyway here is the screen dump … WELL I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO UPLOAD IMAGES HERE … alt+p is not doing anything else than “[img]” … what i’m missing (i’m using mozilla) …

Look forward to seeing examples of your efforts posted here in the future!

sorry cannot/don’t know how to upload stuff here, so cannot show any image generated by my machines …

[/img]

ok, in short my q. was: i have the dump screen , that shows the sky as background. [ http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/489/screen4bb.jpg ]

when i render in yafray i get this.[ http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2028/boxa9pk.jpg ]

how i get the sky to render in yafray?

thanks a lot for help! a[/img]

WELL I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO UPLOAD IMAGES HERE

Try www.imageshack.us . Great free image host.

DwarvenFury

ok, so i have to upload somewhere else and copy the link … i think i got it …
thanks a lot! a