Backwards Compatibility

Hello All!

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section. My issue doesn’t seem to fit well in any of them, so I’m hoping this is more of a ‘general help’ section.

I’ve been making some roller coaster track that I intend to export to be used in a video game. The problem is that the export script that I’m using is only compatible with Blender 2.49b, and I’ve been making my models in Blender 2.63 (I just can’t go back after using 2.63 :p). Here is my finished model in 2.63:

Now when I open the .blend file in 2.49b, the model seems to lose UV texture data and opens up in what seems to be wireframe mode:

Now my question is: Is this data indeed lost when I open it in an outdated version of Blender, or is there just some option that I’m not seeing to show the texture? ( I do have viewport shading set to Textured) And if it is, what export format would you suggest I use to transfer the model over with UV, texture, and bezier curve data intact? ( I’ve tried a couple formats, but they don’t seem to retain the model size properly)

Thanks,
SwissCheese77

Did you try Save As and option Legacy File Format on T-panel while saving in 2.6x?

Tries it, and it worked like a charm. Thank you for your help!

Also, I have another quick question. As someone who started modeling in Sketchup, I’ve grown used to being able to copy and paste a model between multiple files. I’ve been exporting and importing and it works, but is there a copy-paste function like that to quicken things up a tad?

Thanks again!

Shift+F1 / Append http://cgcookie.com/blender/2010/07/12/tip-appending-and-linking/

Thanks! Thread is now solved.