Bag End - "ink version"

Hi, i made some tests few days ago with afffinity photo and older projecs. Bag End - 3d - blender cycles.

For more you can visit https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kDQzNy

55 Likes

Nice… only clouds look somehow off. Maybe you can process them separately.

2 Likes

Hey Vladimir (right?)
Really cool !! i checked out your ArtStation and i also liked the other pictures.
Is it complicated to make this inking effect in Affinity Photo ? Do you have some hints to follow to get similar effect with AP ?
I really like that kind of “old gravure” look.
Thanks and well done !

1 Like

Hi Kenji,
thank you very much. In affinity photo is a “process” called Tone Mapping where you can choose some filters - i reedit some of the filters and combined them together with some color gradding effects to get such effect. Not sure how to get such feel in photoshop - i´m sorry :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks ! i will give a try to Affinity Photo then. very nice filters ! (well your original renders were very good too !)

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation. Have a great weekend!

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

thank you Bart:)

Oh this is so cool! You should really upload a lossless version, these pieces are so interesting to zoom inn on, but the jpeg artefacts ruin it :confused:

1 Like

Possibly one reason why people said the clouds were “off” is that the area to the right of the hill just above the cornfield is quite “bright.” As are the clouds. The eye is always attracted first to the brighest and most-contrasty area of the image, then seeks to find a circular path back to the starting point. Which, of course, in this case it easily does … but you’d probably prefer that it start and end at the door. Very-interesting little details like the barrel/mailbox literally escaped my attention until I looked very closely.

Nevertheless – on to high praise! This is an extremely good example of an art-form that I particularly enjoy: using computer graphics to achieve what some artists actually are able to achieve – (I hate 'em … :cowboy_hat_face: ) – with pen and pencil. Everywhere you look in this image, and when you look very, very closely, “your eye is richly rewarded.” Masterfully done.

1 Like

This is what I call making artwork with an impact, that gives an impression…

I have started already started studying “gravure effects” and “crosshatch inking” tutorials after looking at this. :slight_smile:

1 Like