BagaPie Addon

I’ve looked, but I still don’t understand how to get the Circle or Grid Arrays, I’ve only got access to the ‘Cube’ (the straight line) and Curve ones. From a previous post, I understood they were accessible. Help, please?

Hi,

When you create the modifier, look at here.

This addon really needs a tutorial and documentation … But until the modifier manager is launched, it’s not worth it.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Je savais que ça devait être un truc tout bête, mais j’avais complètement zappé ça.

Et merci pour cet addon, il est super utile. Good job!

1 Like

Love the add-on!

Question: is it possible to create windows that follow a curvature? E.g. I have beveled the vertexes of a plane to create rounded corners, then used the wall function. Would love to be able to add windows which follow this curvature

**edit: replaced screenshot with a better one

1 Like

Hi,
Curent limitation :

There is no change currently planned for the window tool (my addon only creates modifier presets).

If you break multi user :

You can apply the Weld modifier :

And add slice to the window (Ctrl+R) :

4 Likes

Hi, Antoine :slight_smile:
Thank you for your add-on that saves my time with very simple and fastest way ever!
I post because I want to say this add-on is useful not only for 3D modeling artist but also 2D artist :blush:

1 Like

Hi @none_Ice
Thank you !
It looks really cool !
There is still a lot of work to get the addon out of beta.
In any case, don’t hesitate to share your feedback or your creations. :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow its increditable Thank you. Congratulatios.

1 Like

Prototype : Column (it’s just a vertice with modifier)

column prototype

We are also working on a variant of the Wall: Curtain Wall ( glass wall )

5 Likes

Overview of what the addon’s workflow should look like.
(a lot of options are missing in the manager)

Ex with Auto Array on Curve (with multiple objects) :

new array on curve v0.3

Just downloaded the addon. I only tested walls and windows so far, and found it way more handy then I thought it would. Great jobb so far.

I se a lot of potential in the approach you are taking and I have a lot of features ideas I think would be nice to have, but the one thing I would love to see added most of all is a 2d “Absolute Grid Snap” kind of option for windows and booleans, preferably with a modefier hotkey.

I know I can snap to a vert for the start to keep it “on grid” and then move it from there, but then I need to correct the other corner of the window or boolean and so on. Having a “grid snap”-ish option would make presition work a lott easier/quicker IMO. Would be nice to have some numeric feedback on the width and height of windows and booleans on creation too, but I guess that is a bit more complicated.

I hope you will consider my request, and let me know If anything is not clear and you want me to elaborate on something. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi thanks,

Yes unfortunately it is a lot of work and a lot more complex than what I am currently doing. I think that for that you have to go through paid addons like Boxcutter / Fluent / Archipack.

I would have loved a CAD version of the add object tool. But it is not improbable that in the long term I will end up adding it. But with the arrival of Blender 3.0, I will focus on geometry node presets.

Anyway, you can display measurement :
(it’s tricky but it works ^^)

This addon stay a preset creator for modifier and geometry nodes. If you have some preset ideas, they are welcome ! :slight_smile:

PS : Sorry if my English is sometimes bad ^^ :fr:

2 Likes

No worries, just a thought , and thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

I wasn’t looking for a full on CAD presicion, just want to placing with a bit more presition(like only one desimal for instance to keep things in clean cm(0.01) or dm(0.1), but I guess you are hooking into the add cube functionality or something, and I see that that basicaly only has vert snapping too, so maybe if they add some more snapping to that natively it might become easier at some point.

I am realy looking for ways to do sertain things quicker. I have bothe Boxcutter and Archipack, but that adds more clicks to do the same, and Archipack has a bit of the same issue where you can’t place openings with “presition”. You have to go back and adjust the position, then you can move/translate it incrementaly. Atleast I have found no way to do placement and snapping at the same time in Archipack.

I guess my “workaround” is gonna be snapping to the wall “corners” and then adjust by moving with incremental sapping from there to avoid having to go to Transforms in N panel or object propertis to remove desimals by the numeric fields , still gonna be faster in many cases :slight_smile:

Anyway, realy enjoying the add-on so far and looking forward to the modifier manager update, and to see where you take it going forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

New UI for Pie Menu WIP =)

11 Likes

For sketchup user …
New tool WIP :
(Not sure it will be ready for the next update but it will be the only tool not based on modifier.)
sketchup box proto

We can also change it to instances :slight_smile: :

sketchup box proto

6 Likes

Hi !
This is the last category that we would like to add to the pie menu : Effector

It should be able to work with scatter and array (displace only in Blender 3.0). It will therefore need to have already made an array or scatter. In the long run, Scatter Paint and Scatter should be merged into the same node group. (The problem is that the node tree will get quite big and a beginner might have a hard time finding their way around if they want to customize the node tree).

effector

Parameter :

• Distance

• Distance Smooth

• Maximum influence

• Influencer (Object input)

6 Likes

Hey Antoine, I do add below another idea (to all those so interesting ideas you have for BagaPie :smiley:)… it is a ‘slice through x,y,z axis’’ (in as many pieces you want) and manual ‘explode’ command (with options for variable distances of explosion from the center of the object). It is something already possible in Wings 3D and it would be good to have it in Blender too. I am putting below an image illustrating the idea (it has been modelled in Wings 3D and rendered in Blender’s Cycles):

Hi,
I just tested with boolean (fast solver), but blender lag very quickly. Maybe a boolean between a 3D cube array and a mesh (here a sphere) can do it better.

Hmm, the screenshot looks somehow confusing, it is a little bit difficult to understand what is going on. But anyway, if you have found a way to achieve the result, it is welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

New “management” workflow :
You can : Group, Ungroup, Convert to Instances and Make instances real.

demo instances

6 Likes