Baghdad

Remade Soon I will write an article to show exactly the time and all the other details.

1 Like

Yeah, the compositing process. Did you use Cryptomatte, How did you do the fog+smoke passes? did you render the smoke as a .png sequence and assigned it as a texture on planes? that kind of thing

Fantastic.

You’re #featured! :+1:

really impressive environment…

Absolutely awesome. Love the end result.
It was said that blender was used for asset creation. But how was it textured, lit, and rendered? I can’t believe my own systems would be able to handle anything remotely this large in scope.

I’m interested in the details about asset distribution too ! Splendid work, I love that immense palace in the background ! I wish it got more close-up attention in your flythrough.

This is so beautiful. Awesome. You could loose yourself in this.

wow… absolute stunning work! awesome!

impressive work , congrats !

I assume he distributed the buildings as particles and a lot of the assets simply repeat. The reptition isn´t noticable because they are scaled and rotated in a clever way and certain shader properties differ per particle (particle info node). Combine that with procedural shaders and you´re half ways there.
You have to use asset linkin to organize such a large scene but if you break it down into a bunch of smaller chunks it is managable.

Basically you first build your single buildings. Then you link them into files in which you build several different neighborhoods by hand. Then you populate your master sene with these neigborhoods or build larger districts and populate your city with theses larger districts.

The buildings and objects that are closer to the camera can be placed by hand if needed.

For lighting an hdri is probably enough.

I recently made a city for a customer that way and it is definately possible to do it that.

Jaw is on the floor with how amazing this is. What is the music btw?

amazing! dies

so real, that will require a heavy machine

unreal. Fantastic work!

This is so amazing! Mindblown

Wonderful! <3

That is really really impressive! Well done!