Bake Constraints

when a bone is connected, it is part of that hierarchy. The rotation saved by the script for that bone is thus dependent on the parent’s rotation, and so on up the chain. Not sure what you mean by “a lot of unwanted animation data”. If you mean that it keys on every frame, then yes, you could add a post-processor that goes thru and deletes middle keys if they are not “necessary”, i.e., outside of some middle or average bound. However, that would be tricky to compute what the b-spline should be and if that key falls on that curve within some bound.

hey papasmurf,

I tried out your bake constraints script on an armature of mine and it kept crashing >.< i’m not sure why, but the armature had some heavy IK constraints, multiple dependancy loops (caused mainly by a spine bones on curve setup). I looked through your script and rebuilt part of it to work with armatures and selected bones in my thread here. I hope this helps you in some way and others for simple baking of bones for working with FK after animated with IK or similar.

holly, It crashes for me when I don’t respect the two following conditions :
the used bone layers of your armature must be enabled,
the armature must be in object mode.
hope this can help.