Bake diffuse map from highpoly model to flat tileable texture

Hi all

I’ve been trying to find a solution to this for a while now. I’m creating a tileable texture for Unity and I can bake the normal map from the high poly to the flat plane, but when baking the diffuse (for albedo) it uses the UV’s and that obviously can’t apply to the flat plane. How can I bake the diffuse map to the flat plane so the colours are in the right place? Is this possible? Thanks!

Watch this…

Thanks! I tried this, but it doesn’t apply to my project… I want to bake from an object that has UV’s and the colour, onto the flat object. If I follow this method I get an albedo that is linked to the UV’s, so it can’t be applied to the flat plane. If I bake to active (from the highpoly to the flat plane) then it just turns out black… Any ideas?

Would need to see your file to figure what is going on…

Are you trying to transfer the mesh via Diffuse from the High Poly to a Flat Plane?
Sounds like you want a Height Map…

When you get the Diffuse and save the texture you can bring it in using an
image as Plane…and that sounds like what you want…
The problem is I have no idea what you are trying to do or more importantly WHY?
What you are describing really makes no sense, to me anyway. Tell me what is the end goal of trying to do this…

Here’s my blend file: https://we.tl/t-aI9lLtVoAw

I’m trying to create a 3D tiling texture to import into Unity. So I created a 3D floor, and now I’m trying to bake it onto a 2D plane so that it can just be tiled on the floor…

My problem is that when I try to bake a diffuse map it keeps the UV’s of the highpoly and these don’t texture correctly on the flat plane… So I feel like I’m missing some vital piece of knowledge as to what I’m doing wrong, since I managed to make the normal map without a problem…

1st off…From ortho top view changed the UV to Project From View>Bounds on a New UNwrap on 2048x2048 with Alpha and 32bit Float.

1. I moved the Plane to above the Floor Mesh…got far better results on Normal Map…

3 . Selected Floor then Plane and Baked the Normal Map…

1. Added new texture same 2048 Alpha and 32bit… and Baked the Diffuse seen in these results…
    2 things…I use experimental as well as GPU…and I used Selected to Active in Bake settings…

and I just ran one with only COLOR selected, as you wanted just an Albedo Map for the color and it works Just Fine…

NOTE: You Have no Lights in your scene!!! Run an HDRI to get your diffuse with direct/indirect light and also for the Albedo for just COlor and no shadow info…