I need help with the a problem, i couldn’t find a answer at all anywhere in this forum.
I wan to bake the shadows into my uv texture, i followed this steps thru another tutorial, but got a problem, the second uv texture had the shadows but without the orginal texture if i delete the orginal uv texture that i baked from.
- Create a new UV (image new) and that will be your first and the one which will become the bake. (in the UV/Image Editor window)
- click the ‘new’ button by UV Texture in ‘Mesh’ and I would rename it ‘UV2’ - this creates a second UV which will be the one you bake from.
- Load your image into the UV/Image editor and unwrap as you wish.
- Assuming you have a material, go to textures and create a texture in the second slot, choose image and select your image from the drop down list by Load.
- back in materials, make sure you have the second texture slot selected. in Map input select ‘UV’ and enter UV2 in the ‘UV:’ text box.
5 go back to Editing (F9) and select the + by the first UV - ‘UVTex’. In the UV/Image editor make sure the black new image is in place. in the UV Face Select window do unwrap smart projections.
6 back in mesh in Editting reselect the second UV - UV2 and select the button next to the + as well
7 in the UV Face select window do Alt Cntrl B and choose full render.
delete the second UV, delete the material and the First UV will be your backed UV texture.
This is my file, i hope someone can look into it and guide me with the problem. Thanks so much ppl.