Bake the sss?

:o
I cant figure it out? I can render it, but not bake it for some reason…thanks

Ok so here is the answer from the wiki for 2.44:

Full render baking does not include specularity and subsurface scattering, as these are view-dependent parameters

Found here

The answer to your question is: NO, you can’t bake sss . . .

And the question to your own answer is: WHAT?!

Why are you yelling at me?

Because you yelled at me first . . . in your signature. :wink:

I think it doesn’t make any sense to bake a SSS. Baking AO and shadows and such I can understand, because those don’t depend on the viewing angle, but SSS does depend on the position of the model relative to the viewing angle and relative to the light source(s). So if your goal is to fly around a static scene, a baked SSS would look just goofy.

Well, IMHO, no it would not.

And the point is to use it as a starting point for creating the textures, just like any of the other baking options.

It gives a nice glow.

Yeah right. That makes a lot of sense, and I think is not true, but hey whatever, its a free speech world, I mean forum, right?

In my signature, I couldnt find an option to make it bold, so I used caps.

In your response to me, you picked two words to use for yelling at me. Nice, real nice way to treat a noob. IMHO of course.

You know what I say to you? This isnt it: Get a life, you aparantly dont have one if you have time to be rude to people on a forum. A forum created for blender artists to ask questions and get help.

Man, you really need to calm down. I was only joking . . . and this whole ‘caps = yelling’ concept is ridiculous. EMPHASIS does not mean rudeness.

I gave a prompt and accurate answer to your original question. I also expressed confusion at your second post (I notice you changed/corrected the quote, but neglected to explain this to me in your friendly reply). I’m sorry if I offended you. Maybe you should try to be a little less sensitive . . . it’s good for your heart.

And if you care to, you can view all of my past posts. I guarantee that you’ll find I’m often helpful, occasionally and playfully sarcastic, but seldom rude . . . to anyone, including ‘noobs’.

Cire

Perhaps you are new to the internet then.

You just keep making up a story to cover a story. First you say you yelled at me because I yelled at you, now you say its not yelling at all, but emphasis.

I know and you know the truth. I think you protest too much. Whatever. Oh and ‘playfully sarcastic’ is rudness and is never called for in a learning situation.

Sarcasm[ is the sneering, jesting, or mocking of a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound — stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using “that’s fantastic” to mean “that’s awful”.
Use of sarcasm is sometimes viewed as an expression of concealed anger, annoyance and/or ignorance.

Wow, Calm down! It’s not that serious…don’t put something in your sig. that you don’t want people to react to, though i don’t really understand what either of you are taling about. Caps != rude, just emphasis.

The signature comment was a joke! I thought you were joking when you asked me why I was yelling at you!

You know the truth? You accurately picked up on my attitude and intentions through the formatting of a couple of words?

Try a less suspicious focus when you interpret the expressions of others:

Sarcasm[ is the sneering, jesting (as in “joke”), or mocking of a person, situation (as in, not you personally) or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions (and, not even this one) classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound — stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using “that’s fantastic” to mean “that’s awful”.
Use of sarcasm is (not always, but) sometimes viewed as an expression of concealed anger, annoyance and/or ignorance.

Best regards,

Cire

Try a less suspicious focus when you interpret the expressions of others:

What does that mean,"…less suspicious focus…? "
Now you dont like what the wiki said about sarcasm? So you spent time finding one with more info? Why?

Oh so can get more posts! Whatever dude, like I said before, you need a life. LOL.

I have added you to my ignore list, so feel free to post to your hearts content. I wont see it. I do have a life and am very busy.

I dont care if someone comments about my signature? I hope everyone watches that video, its very important. marky1991, I think you misunderstood. Sorry this thread upset you.

I am always calm. But I still have a right to tell someone to get out of my face. So do you.

Hey guys, keep the focus on the topic please. If you want to yell at eachother, exchange phonenumbers.

Roel
Your friendly neighbourhood administrator

Yeah you’re right, sorry.

Sorry Roel, but there’s no topic to focus on . . . ever since I answered his question in my first post. I’ve just been trying to help Slink mellow out, while defending my ‘offensive’ help.

I’m out . . . :no: